DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Limit the amount of 3D/total dice per roll - because of DICE MADNESS :)

Last night one of my players decided to be the joker. She tried to obliterate Unity, but the good news was that despite the hard hit - it managed to recover and we continued our game without crash - just few heavy, GPU melting moments and group amusement. So, this is exception and will not happen in proper game, but I like that Unity managed to handle every single roll!

It might be good idea to put some limits on the 3D dice (and make it configurable for example), because there are game like Exalted where dice pools get very big in high-level games and having Unity hang on every roll will be quite discouraging to promote the platform for those.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    It might be good idea to put some limits on the 3D dice (and make it configurable for example), because there are game like Exalted where dice pools get very big in high-level games and having Unity hang on every roll will be quite discouraging to promote the platform for those.
    I'm not sure they can, the dice are actually used to generate the 'random' numbers. I guess they could just hide the 3d images and still simulate the rolls, but that might not help with the lag (as that's probably the physics moreso than the rendering of the dice).
    Players should consider that tabletop games are a collaborative process and intentionally trying to crash the program is inconsiderate to their fellow gamers.
    I had some players who were trying to do the same thing back in March and it only took a little conversation for them to understand that they are welcome to create a campaign in their own time if they want to pull those stunts, but it's profoundly disrespectful to waste others' time intentionally. There were no hard feelings, they just didn't think about the consequences of their actions (although they admitted they were basically trying to crash the program).
    Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 13:39.

They had a limit of I think 60 3D dice in FGC and people complained. Now there's no limit (or if there is it's a lot higher).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Let the GM set a cap, have the default be 100 or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonid View Post
    Let the GM set a cap, have the default be 100 or w/e
    I'd agree this could make both camps happy by letting the gm cap at a number they choose (even if that cap is unlimited.)

In fairness, you need that many dice to properly play Exalted.

Thread Information