5E Character Create Playlist

AD&D 2e Rime of the Frostmaiden

Are you tired of 5e? Combat is too long, and abilities are too focused on killing? Is your sense of immersion shattered by a poor dice roll where role playing should have happened? Come play AD&D 2e instead, for a more grounded and deeply engaging game.

I’m converting the module Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition. A tough struggle for survival in the frozen northern reaches of Icewind Dale, enhanced in the way that only the 2nd edition system can do.

Game will be played once a month for a 3 hour session. Previous knowledge of AD&D is not necessary, I will have handouts available to players.

Core rulebooks and Class kit books are allowed, but Player's Options are not.

If this sounds like something you’d be willing to play, please reply to this thread. Don’t PM me, as I probably won’t notice.
    Last edited by fafast; October 3rd, 2020 at 23:45.

very interesting....let me know how it plays out...sounds like a large task.

Would be interested in playtest if it's once per month and on Sunday. Twice per month would be fine if you have an oversubscribed table where some of us are there every other session.

Blog Entries
    You'll have better results if you find a day and time and frequency of game that you can follow. Just some advice from close to 20 years of online gaming.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

for those who are interested, what times are you available?

Evenings are good for me (7 PM EST onward, until midnight-ish).
    In this specific case of weekends, Sunday would be best for me.
    Last edited by dezeg; October 3rd, 2020 at 22:44.

Thread Information