DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Does this extension work with Constitutional Amendments?

It requires a 3rd free extension that makes them work together that was developed by Scried Raven. I don't have the link to it handy but I think if you search the forum or the COnstitutional Amendments thread you will see it.

Does this require going through all existing effects to change them the new effect codes that alter the character sheet? How does it interact with your Automatic actions?
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    Does this require going through all existing effects to change them the new effect codes that alter the character sheet? How does it interact with your Automatic actions?
    No. Should work with existing effect coding. And works with Automatic Actions. There may be a few misc spells or effects that have different coding for speed but that's about it.

So just to understand how it works. I equip a belt of giant strength which via automation adds STR: -10;STR: 16 to the combat tracker. Does your extension convert these into a STRMAX effect automatically?
    Graphil

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    So just to understand how it works. I equip a belt of giant strength which via automation adds STR: -10;STR: 16 to the combat tracker. Does your extension convert these into a STRMAX effect automatically?
    I don't know where that effect coding you are referencing comes from. Is it a 3rd party extension or mod that has determined that effect coding for the belt? Robs effects for giants belt don't look like that last I saw. And I don't know why it would be STR-10; STR:16? That is effectively same as STR:6, so why have both? I also am not familiar with STRMAX, is that a 3rd party extension coding?

But if you added an effect that read STR:6, it would add 6 to your strength and raise your stat 6 points on character sheet. That is the only FG native coding for impacting your strength. Then when you removed the belt, it would return your strength to its initial value.

Or if you used automation with rob's effect codes, and added a shield+2, it would update your characters AC value and highlight it green. IT would work with non Rob based effects and automation, but only if the effects that are created use the same standard FG effect codes related to stats and AC and Sav and checks. Some extensions might add alternate codes, but it wont update the character sheet based on those.

That adjustment has come from the automated effects extension. I decided to get that one since it also supported lighting and cursed items.
    Sorry, I meant STRMNM not STRMAX. From the video it seems it does change these from the action entries as it moves over to the combat tracker.
    What I'm basically trying to work out is how compatible this is going to be with automated effects since it looks really great and would love to use it.
    Graphil

So I just noticed that this is no longer on DMsGuild and is on the Forge and I have to pay for it again? That is a nice double dip is it not?

Thread Information