STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Why can I not join my own game (Ultimate, license key conflict)?

Hello.

I would like to run two instance of FG, one server and one joining said server. But I am not allowed to do that, with FG saying: "License key conflict".

As an owner of a Ultimate license everyone can join my servers, why can I not do so myself?

To join your own game on the same computer start a second instance of FG and use 'localhost' instead of the IP address or alias to connect. If you have a second computer with FG installed you cannot run two instances of FG with the same license key at the same time. To join with your second computer remove the licence key and user settings and update FG so that it reverts to the demo version of the software and you can then join using the local IP address of the GM instance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the quick answer. The "localhost" part does the trick.

Good old 127.0.0.1
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Well, yes. I still don't quite get the restriction, but it works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Well, yes. I still don't quite get the restriction, but it works.
    I suspect it helps prevent one person from posting a license key on the internet for the world to use.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnshep View Post
    how do you have local host?
    Start a second instance of FG. Chose "Join Game". Give a name Username such as 'Second Instance' or 'Player Test' and then in the Host Address' field type localhost

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You start FG and open a campaign. You then start a second instance of FG and click join game. In the join box you type localhost and click join and you will join the first instance as a player.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

worked great!! Thank you so much!

Thread Information