DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I've put in the wrong IP address and now I can't seen to change it

I'm setting up to host a campaign in a few weeks and I'm going to run some tests to get a feel for fantasy grounds unity, I was trying to find my external address and accidentally copy-pasted the wrong one. Now the program won't let me paste in a new address, when I click on the "<<click to retrieve>>" field for external address it just brings up the old, incorrect one. I tried clearing the player cache, but as I thought it didn't do anything. Is there some sort of file I need to edit/delete to get to change this?

- Ben

HI Bendas, welcome to FG.

I don't think you can copy/paste an address into the External IP address; as soon as you click in that box it retrieves the address for you. So the address you are seeing should be the correct external IP address - although I have seen the odd report or two where users have noted that the address FG displays is not their correct IP address. This can happen if you are using a VPN or some other network configuration.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks!

I have a VPN but it's turned off at the moment, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am connected to a Wifi range extender, could that be messing with my connection?

Possibly. I'm not sure on that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

When you "click to retrieve" your external IP address FG uses standard network libraries to query your network architecture to try to determine your external IP address. So this is the address that your network is reporting. As an aside - I'm not aware of a "click to retrieve" prompt in FG Unity, only in FG Classic, but I may be wrong.

Go to this website: https://www.iplocation.net/ Is the IP address it indicates the same as FG is showing?
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 28th, 2020 at 14:47.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, sorry. I didn't notice that you were talking about Unity. My posts were based on Classic. Trenloe is correct; there is no click to retrieve button in Unity. The external IP address is simply displayed. So are you working with Classic or Unity?

Most wifi extenders operate by creating a subnetwork inside your local network (unless you have set your cable / dsl / fibre modum to bridge mode). So It might be that the original IP was for your computer when on the main network, and if it's now on the wifi extenders has another IP address.

Wow do I have egg on my face, I've been using fantasy grounds classic for like 3 months I thought I had bought unity
    Last edited by Bendas the Crimson; September 28th, 2020 at 14:47.

I think you've posted about this thread in another thread.

My question in post #5 above is relevant to FG Classic.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information