5E Character Create Playlist

Some good news about Unity

I wanted to post that today we ran PF2 in Unity for 5 hours straight, with LOS (first time we did LOS as when we tried it 4 months ago we had serious connection issues) for the second AP in Extinction Curse. A mix of Windoze and Macs and all ran great with no disconnects, map issues, or hot computers. This is the first time my iMac has not had the fan running during the session (not overly hot, but apparently noticeable to the computer). LOS was liked and commented on by all. Looking forward to more improvements, especially limited vision based on individual character (I know, it's coming, just getting excited) as it all comes together.
    Jim/Flyteach

I'll add some props. I have been using it for a Savage Worlds campaign for a number of months now (pretty much 2020 - so perhaps that is now an understatement). In the campaign with the (now) veteran FG users, the game moves rapidly through combat. The group is using Win machines with one Linux user (they are not using the L beta yet, so configuring it in a Win environment). The only real issue with connections was early on with linux user. Once that was overcome, I have not looked back to Classic.

I also just built a nice one-shot (ok, too much stuff - 2-3 session) dungeon to really try out all the features for LOS, encounters, effects, maximizing the use of the party sheet, etc. In my little one-shot - 3 of the 6 players had never used FG and I had them up and running pretty easily. I did this by working with them ahead of time individually to make sure they had an account and had the software installed, then a quick tour. Come game-time, the bennies were flowing rapidly (for those that know SW, you know what this means).

Yes, there have been some Beta bumps and bruises but it really has started to shine. It feels like we are nearing end of Beta (at least for what I do, the software now feels like FGC + LOS/Mapping). So I am excited to see where they can take the product going forward.

Thread Information