DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xtheth View Post
    Mine was working fine for me until a crash happened. I did the check for updates and it crashed again.

I'm running on Windows 10.
    It would not run at all after the crash.
    Reinstalled through steam and it didn't run past the installation and update.
    Downloaded a copy from Fantasygrounds.com, installed it and updated it. It will not run.
    Check your security software, sounds like FG is getting quarantined.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Check your security software, sounds like FG is getting quarantined.
    I turned off my virus protection and installed it again. It's running!

I /REALLY HOPE/ that I don't have to go out of my way to turn off my virus protection and reinstall it every single time it has an error.

[Redacted] Fantasygrounds was flagged as an IDP.generic malware. Look in to that.
    Last edited by Lord Xtheth; December 1st, 2020 at 05:36.

[Redacted] Fantasygrounds was flagged as an IDP.generic malware. Look in to that.
    Which anti-virus application are you using? Did it flag FantasyGrounds.exe as generic malware?

Apps that an anti-virus application isn't familiar with can get flagged as "generic malware", even if they're OK. If the devs know which application you're using they can reach out and see about getting their app to view FG differently.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Which anti-virus application are you using? Did it flag FantasyGrounds.exe as generic malware?

Apps that an anti-virus application isn't familiar with can get flagged as "generic malware", even if they're OK. If the devs know which application you're using they can reach out and see about getting their app to view FG differently.

The anti-virus I use is AVG

The anti-virus I use is AVG
    And was it FantasyGrounds.exe that it flagged?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have this problem ever since I upgraded to Unity. Trying here first even though this thread is a bit old.

I have windows 10 Pro 64bit
    I have tried installing, remove, reinstalling in all sorts of combination Microsoft Visual C++ that someone pointed at as the problem. Did not work.
    I have tried deactivating all sorts of firewalls. Did not work.
    I have tried updating my GPU-driver. Did not work.
    I have tried deleting and reinstalling FGU. Did not work.

It just terminate the program immidiatly after hitting "update" or "Settings". I can do everything else. Just was a player in a session, and I can work on my campaign as a DM totally fine. I just can't update. Or change settings.

Can you go directly to the FG application folder; and run the updater?

Paths to check are:
    C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
    C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine\FGUpdaterEngine.exe

If the either or both files are missing, then something has quarantined them.
    Otherwise, then something on your network or machine has modified the files so that they are not valid executables any longer.

Either way, this is almost always the work of security software on your machine, or security settings on your router, blocking or modifying the files.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried that aswell, but it did not work.

However I think I found the problem. At least, I found the solution. I am using FG on different computers so I have the data directory in my Dropbox, to keep both computers in sync with my campaign. It seemed that the Unity program itself also got put into Dropbox. So I deleted everything and split the two like I did with Classic, and now everything works fine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    I tried that aswell, but it did not work.

However I think I found the problem. At least, I found the solution. I am using FG on different computers so I have the data directory in my Dropbox, to keep both computers in sync with my campaign. It seemed that the Unity program itself also got put into Dropbox. So I deleted everything and split the two like I did with Classic, and now everything works fine!
    It is HIGHLY recommended that you DO NOT put your FG Data folder in a cloud folder or anyplace that it automatically sync'd. There are many many reports of users doing that and resulting in corrupted data.

If a sync happens while FG is in use, you will likely lose data. There are ways to do what you want, but you need to insure automatic syncing is off and you only sync when you know FG is not open/running. It is much safer to just manually copy your FG Data as needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It is HIGHLY recommended that you DO NOT put your FG Data folder in a cloud folder or anyplace that it automatically sync'd. There are many many reports of users doing that and resulting in corrupted data.

If a sync happens while FG is in use, you will likely lose data. There are ways to do what you want, but you need to insure automatic syncing is off and you only sync when you know FG is not open/running. It is much safer to just manually copy your FG Data as needed.
    I have had FG Classics data folder in my dropbox for years with no problem. So unless Unity handles things differently I am pretty sure it will work alright.

Thread Information