5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Question about effects from spells

I am a noobie at DM'ing with Fantasy Grounds, and have what may be a dumb question. One of my players likes to use the spell Bane on enemies. Is there a way to set up the spell in the character sheet so that it automatically applies the effect to the bad guys in the combat tracker? Or do I have to drag an effect from the effects window onto the combat tracker? Similarly, the player likes to cast Vicious Mockery on enemies. Is there a way to, in addition to applying the damage, to get the disadvantage on the next attack applied to the affected enemy?

This is an RPG system specific question, so not really appropriate for the generic "Tavern" forum. What ruleset is this for?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is an RPG system specific question, so not really appropriate for the generic "Tavern" forum.
    What would have been the appropriate place?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What ruleset is this for?
    DnD 5e

Quote Originally Posted by GerryWright View Post
    What would have been the appropriate place?
    The forum specific to the ruleset you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by GerryWright View Post
    DnD 5e
    Thanks. I've moved it to the 5E forum.

Having questions like this in the correct forum makes it more efficient for everyone - people know what system it's for and if they have knowledge of that system they can answer you with confidence. Otherwise everyone is just guessing or asking "what system is this for?" and wasting time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Drag the spell from the spell list to the actions tab on the character sheet if it's not already there - that will add the spell with the actions (you may need to click the little magnifying glass by the spell to see the action).

The player can then target the enemies he wants to cast it on (ctrl-click the tokens or the entries in the combat tracker), click the dice button to get the enemies to roll their saving throw and then click the effect button to apply the effect.

There's also an option in the client portion of the settings panel called "Target: remove on miss" - if this is set to "Multi", any enemies that make their save will removed from his targeting, so he can then just click the effect button (otherwise he has to untarget the enemies that make their save).

Most spells will set up the correct effects when you drag them into the actions tab as noted above. For those that don't you can set up your own effects. See these videos for details on how to do that https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, folks. Your suggestions, along with re-reading the Unity wiki article (for about the 10th time) have allowed me to figure it out.

Thread Information