DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU - Savage Worlds Adventure Edition Ruleset (SWADE) missing Modifier integration

Summary:
    I am unable to use object links inside of Armor Definitions, such as a permanent bonus to toughness trait. "[Toughness +2]"

Ruleset(s):
    Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
    New in FGU

Extensions/Themes:
    Wood Theme, Savage Worlds Adventure Deck Extension

Modules Loaded:
    SWADE Adventure Deck (FGU Product), SWADE GM Guide & SWADE Player Guide (FGU Product purchased via Steam), Module I am working to create - Unofficial Savage Rifts (Product teased but not yet released by publisher)

Operating System / Language Setting:
    Windows 10 Pro, United States, English

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create a campaign with the SDADE Ruleset
    2. Open Items
    3. Edit List
    4. Add new item (Armor) using the Helmet Icon
    5. Create item details as needed
    6. In the final field place the text "[Toughness +2]"

Result: No toughness modifier is identified.
    Expected: This slug would trigger the Toughness modifier relative wo the Armor state like other objects with similar tagging (edges, hindrances, special abilities, etc...)

So far I have seen this issue in Armor, weapons, and items however I have been able to identify that is does work in Edges, Hindrances, Special Abilities, and as verified independently by another user, it does work as expected in FGC.
    Last edited by Nullcoda; September 27th, 2020 at 16:58.

By default Effects do not change stats on character sheet. For instance if you define effect to improve your Toughness on item, it will not change your Toughness value on character sheet, however whenever you take damage you will see that the effect was taken account and your toughness was adjusted according for the result calculation.

Edges/abilities that adjust stats are currently the only ones that change your actual stats on character sheet because they are considered as permanent.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

That sorted me out. Thanks!

Thread Information