5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The extensions are not encrypted, do you know how to open these? I think it should be possible to open these, and then you can look for the sizes of the corresponding images you want to replace
    You say this but when I attempted to open a theme extension it look garbled, I was expecting an XML file like FG classic so who knows. Anyone have an ideas about building custom themes in Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonhaze View Post
    You say this but when I attempted to open a theme extension it look garbled, I was expecting an XML file like FG classic so who knows. Anyone have an ideas about building custom themes in Unity?
    How did you do this? I just tried and it works: Rename .ext to .zip, unzip and then go into the /graphics subfolder there You can replace them for example

About general theme builders: Themes are made as extensions, but there is also this as a helping tool: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/sh...antasy-Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonhaze View Post
    The structure of the Extension looks pretty much the same to me.

Okay guys I stand corrected, thanks that's useful

Here are also some examples of 3.5e/PF1 in the dark theme (similar issues with bright theme, too) The fonts are very small and often blurry and/or weak like the "Name" below "Deekin Schuppensinger" (in general, not just in the sheet) and therefore difficult to read, also some fields do not fit anymore in the sheet (the weapon of the attacks and the spellbook of actions can not be seen anymore, especially the book is important to see whether it is a prepared or spontaneous spellcaster etc.) (surely also partially due to ruleset, because I think these new themes are normally created only with 5e in mind?) Some entries like the weapon damage die look sharp on the other side and are way easier to read

I really like the themes, they just feel not complete/finished yet; hopefully okay to make some review/critics

Best,

Kelrugem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 27th, 2020 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    (surely also partially due to ruleset, because I think these new themes are normally created only with 5e in mind?)
    Yep. In the GURPS ruleset, the dark theme makes the attributes label unreadable; the light theme makes the hotkeys unreadable. [Sigh]

Is there a handy guide to what the references in the file "graphics_fonts.xml" point toward? So, for example, in Kelugrem's screenshot, it would benefit him if either the white text under "attacks" was a darker color, or if the yellowish/tan boxes were a darker color. Does anyone know what those references are in the XML file that is part of the extensions? The yellowish/tan box may be in some other xml file that is part of either the extension or the ruleset--I'd love to know how to easily change that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFabulousIronChef View Post
    Is there a handy guide to what the references in the file "graphics_fonts.xml" point toward? So, for example, in Kelugrem's screenshot, it would benefit him if either the white text under "attacks" was a darker color, or if the yellowish/tan boxes were a darker color. Does anyone know what those references are in the XML file that is part of the extensions? The yellowish/tan box may be in some other xml file that is part of either the extension or the ruleset--I'd love to know how to easily change that. Thanks.
    Actually, it looks like in the GURPS ruleset, it is an image called "attributelabel.png" in the "frames" section. So in theory I could darken that using GIMP or the like. The issue that comes up is, how does one change that back to a *.pak file that works? Is it just changing *.pak to *.zip, unzipping, changing the file, rezipping, and changing back from *.zip to *.pak? I tried that and it seemed to screw up everything with the ruleset to the point where I had to undo all of it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 3.35.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 3.35.18 PM.png
    Last edited by TheFabulousIronChef; September 28th, 2020 at 20:45. Reason: Added images

When you zip back up select all the files inside the main folder and not the folder itself. Then change the .zip to .pak
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFabulousIronChef View Post
    No, but there is this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-5e-Themes

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information