5E Character Create Playlist

[Bug] grid "fades" when zooming out a certain amount

Hi

As in the title, the "strength" of the grid sometimes decreases drastically when zooming out, like a jump. So, apply a grid, then zoom out, at some point you will see that the thickness suddenly decreases with just one mouse wheel move (just one); when one zooms further out then this happens again at some point, see the screenshots for what I mean (and it is not a continuous change, I just just rolled the wheel one tick and then that happens; but only at certain points, not always, seems to depend on the image how much one needs to zoom out)

Best,

Kelrugem

PS: The grid colour does not work seemingly, but I think that got already reported
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

As in the title, the "strength" of the grid sometimes decreases drastically when zooming out, like a jump. So, apply a grid, then zoom out, at some point you will see that the thickness suddenly decreases with just one mouse wheel move (just one); when one zooms further out then this happens again at some point, see the screenshots for what I mean (and it is not a continuous change, I just just rolled the wheel one tick and then that happens; but only at certain points, not always, seems to depend on the image)

Best,

Kelrugem

PS: The grid colour does not work seemingly, but I think that got already reported
    I feel I need to point out that I personally want this behavior when it zooms out to point the grid lines interfere with graphics. You get a mass of tiny squares and its not only pointless but interferers with the graphics view. I don't mind making it variable per user - but I for sure don't want the grid lines full bright at all levels of zoom.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I feel I need to point out that I personally want this behavior when it zooms out to point the grid lines interfere with graphics. You get a mass of tiny squares and its not only pointless but interferers with the graphics view. I don't mind making it variable per use - but I for sure don't want the grid lines full bright at all levels of zoom.
    hm, maybe, but then I would prefer a more coninuous fading. Now it is like: Zoom, zoom, always the same, but suddenly fades And I didn't even zoom out so much, the alpha value was already at maximum and at that zoom level I would have preferred the more visible thickness (as you see in the screenshot, I didn't zoom out so much), so it was still rather "much into the image"

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing that what you are seeing is a just in number of pixels the grid is taking up. i.e. it's going from 3 pixels wide to 2, you will get a jump of 33%. And another 50% jump when you go from 2 pixels to 1. I suspect they will need to control the alpha or something similar as the grid approaches a jump and after to get different behavior. That might be a big function re-write.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The fading is by design to prevent grid from being overwhelming at low zoom levels. I've added a feature request to look at making it more variable/smooth for future consideration.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The fading is by design to prevent grid from being overwhelming at low zoom levels. I've added a feature request to look at making it more variable/smooth for future consideration.

Regards,
    JPG
    oki, thanks a lot

Thread Information