5E Character Create Playlist

Story Template: Tagged text with multiple column table

Hello everyone,,
    A new user here and I'm already messing with random tables (love it!). Right now I'm working on a simple town generator and a problem appeared:
    - Can I use tagged text to show a text from a table with multiple columns?

spammer
    I have a table with 2 columns: Size and Population. The first one is a simple text and the latter is a random number.
    The story template is something like this: [Settlement Name] is a [Settlement Size|1] with a population of [Settlement Size|2].

Problems:
    - The size and population are correlated, but FG is making 2 different rolls, which may result in incongruent outputs.
    - I tried <Settlement Size|1> and <Settlement Size|2>, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by damned; April 4th, 2021 at 14:25.

Blog Entries
    I suspect you are not going to be able to do what you want and are going to have to call sub-tables rather than one master table. But it's been a long time since I've worked on any tables.

You may also want to check out this module, though I haven't done more than a cursory glance at this version, the previous version was pretty extensive when it comes to tables.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...generator-2020!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Indeed, you will need to have different tables for each thing you want to do. If you call a table with multiple columns then it will roll a different result for each column.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information