DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    So I've done a bit more work. I created a copy of the campaign in the FGC folder and renamed it. Loaded that copy and removed all extensions, all modules (and tokens) except the campaign module where I've added story entries etc.
    I then closed down FGC and copied the campaign folder over to the FGU campaign folder.
    When I load that up I do notice an error in the log window. Console log attached. The CT is also clear, and even the NPCs are missing.

Again, no characters loaded, but the tokens are on the map

Cathedral1.PNG

The story entry has two links that I've added, and encounter for the main NPC characters and a link to a better map for myself. Neither link now works, but the image is in the images folder. The encounter link creates a blank encounter entry.

story.PNG

If I exit FGU and then reload the campaign, the error in the log is still there, but now the tokens on the map are replaced with a ? even though the name of the characters appears if I mouse over as a tool tip.

Cathedral2.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

If I create a new campaign in FGC, add the new module I want to run, add a character and a link in a story entry, the campaign loads fine in FGU.

It would appear that the campaign I've been copying might be corrupt in some way in FGU.

One of the extensions you've used in your campaigns is adding a colon into the XML tags; which is treated as a special character for XML indicating prefixes that have special meaning in XML. Since the FGU parser is stricter and attempts to parse the prefixes, then your database load is failing.

The colons in the XML will have to be cleaned up before moving over your campaign; and the extension disabled that is adding those.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    One of the extensions you've used in your campaigns is adding a colon into the XML tags; which is treated as a special character for XML indicating prefixes that have special meaning in XML. Since the FGU parser is stricter and attempts to parse the prefixes, then your database load is failing.

The colons in the XML will have to be cleaned up before moving over your campaign; and the extension disabled that is adding those.

Regards,
    JPG
    I have no extensions loading in either FGC or FGU. But how would i clean up the xml file? And where is it?

At some point, you may have used an extension which added data, even if it's off now. The incorrect data is already there; and FGC uses a very simple XML engine that won't auto-correct.

You can try posting the file here (db.xml) to see if it's a quick fix one of us can help fix. The gist of the issue is that the ":" character is being used between the "<>" tags used to define the XML, which is causing an issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Well here's the db.xml file. (I'm assuming that it's the FGC campaign version you need?)

I hope you can help.

Try this one. There were several places where there was an error as described by MW above. It seems to open ok now at least the PCs are there and the CT is populated; but I don't know what should or should not be there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. I will report back.

It loaded. Extensions and all.

Jolly Good
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information