Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adjust Vertical/Horizontal image control menu options missing. Will they be added?

All my players are missing the adjust horizontal/vertical controls for shared image. The canvas when visible (almost everytime when they resize or re-arrange their desktop) is very irritating.

Is there plan to bring those super useful controls in Unity?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

The Resize Horizontal/Vertical options were workarounds in FGC; since there was no way to auto-fit an image (because FGC required edge to edge display)

With FGU, you can resize the window to any size you want; then use the Zoom to Fit option to see the whole image.

What are you trying to do?
    Maybe if you can explain your use case, we can better understand the issue and make other suggestions or consider other features.

Regards,
    JPG

The use case is to have a way to adjust the window size automatically according to the zoom level. I was not aware that it was workaround, but it was damn useful

If we use Zoom to Fit around the image we see the canvas (or those borders, background, whatever the term is) because we can't nail down the ratio every time. Also since there are no scroll-bars, player's are not sure if they see the whole image or not and prefer rather than scroll and waste time adjusting by dragging, to get the window automatically resize itself.

Here is a similar request: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aps-and-images
    (about avoiding to see the background/canvas outside an image)

I think there is also a link to a wish in the wish list on the second page

Indeed, very similar. But I also want to have windows borders to resize automatically as in FGC, which is extremely convenient and actually will hide background/canvas stuffs around the image if implemented. I understand the complication with layers and the fact that map-making actually imposes objects to be outside of the borders in order for the map to look good, but still for single-layer images we share with players - adjust window's border height/width automatically is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The Resize Horizontal/Vertical options were workarounds in FGC; since there was no way to auto-fit an image (because FGC required edge to edge display)

With FGU, you can resize the window to any size you want; then use the Zoom to Fit option to see the whole image.

What are you trying to do?
    Maybe if you can explain your use case, we can better understand the issue and make other suggestions or consider other features.

Regards,
    JPG
    Is there any way that we can get this edge to edge display feature back? This is my last favourite update in FGU. I hate the gray border around maps.
    Last edited by Rylan Storm; October 1st, 2020 at 21:28.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Hah, just seen that it's my post that was linked to.

Oh well. At least I'm consistent!

Is the main issue that you can see the gray borders? Would an alternate "fit to screen" option work which fit to the smallest dimension instead of the largest instead?

I'm trying to get away from the workaround where the window is resized, since that creates issues with large images forcing the window outside the desktop region.

Regards,
    JPG

I would say that the main issue is that fitting to screen almost always show those borders, unless you are lucky enough to nail down precisely the H/V ration of the window to that of the image. Which does not happen much. The old mechanism to resize the window according to the current zoom level (or original size) of the image was perfect. Everyone I played with liked this feature because they can arrange the desktop space the way they want and with single click to have proper image.

I am not aware of the Unity implementation, but the issue that window frame goes outside of the desktop region can probably be fixed by getting the program resolution and intelligently stop the resize operation to go beyond the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is the main issue that you can see the gray borders? Would an alternate "fit to screen" option work which fit to the smallest dimension instead of the largest instead?

I'm trying to get away from the workaround where the window is resized, since that creates issues with large images forcing the window outside the desktop region.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hey Moonwizard, sorry for the delay in responding to this one.

Rather than try and explain this, I figured it might be helpful to put together a quick recording. Hope it helps what Im trying to convey. https://youtu.be/Jp9qIX5TGas

Thread Information