Text or Voice: Text and Voice via Discord
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? no

Roleplay & Combat mix: roughly 50, 50
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5
    Character starting level & equipment: level one
    Character restrictions: PHB only

Details of your scenario:
    Hey there! I'm a brand new DM looking for players to help me learn the ins and outs of DMing, Players of any level are fine, Even newbies! lets learn together!

More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin (pronounced fan-duh-lin) prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and-tumble frontier town. More important, the Rockseeker brothers — a trio of dwarves — have discovered the entrance to Wave Echo Cave, and they intend to reopen the mines.

Unfortunately for the Rockseekers, they are not the only ones interested in Wave Echo Cave. A mysterious villain known as the Black Spider controls a network of bandit gangs and goblin tribes in the area, and his agents have followed the Rockseekers to their prize. Now the Black Spider wants Wave Echo Cave for himself, and he is taking steps to make sure no one else knows where it is.
    Last edited by D110011; September 17th, 2020 at 01:37.

very interested. new to 5e and FG. but this time is the best fit for me, GMT+3. 20+ years of RPG experience but have been in and out due to life. been playing shadowrun for the past year, but want to get back to my roots, good ol' DnD.

Hey there KrakkaKilla! Your more than welcome to join! All you need is to make sure that you have read the PHB before the start date. The first session will be a session zero, so that we can feel out the group and I can run a mock battle to help with anyone who may have questions about how to play, Also whilst pregens are available I have no objections to you making your own character during the session zero.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by D110011 View Post
    Hey there KrakkaKilla! Your more than welcome to join! All you need is to make sure that you have read the PHB before the start date. The first session will be a session zero, so that we can feel out the group and I can run a mock battle to help with anyone who may have questions about how to play, Also whilst pregens are available I have no objections to you making your own character during the session zero.
    Ok, sounds good. I feel pretty comfortable with the PHB, just gonna have to muck it through FG. I plan on making a dwarven cleric or halfling thief. If neither is good for the party dynamics, I’m willing to play anything...except a elf or bard (dwarven rumble, rumble). You’ll reach out to us on here to announce players, discord channel, and time for zero session?

Yeah discord and server alias will be sent out via pm closer to the planned start date via PM

Hello D110011:

I would like to join. I am not new to D&D, but am most familiar with 3.5, so still learning/memorizing the details of 5e. (like death mechanics and exactly what sort of things would lead to (dis)advantage...) Also very new to Fantasy Grounds so watching all of the Tutorials I can get my hands on. (just found out about FG University)

I most like to play (Human or Half-Elf) Wizards, Rogues and multiclass combos thereof. After that its whatever the party might need to balance it out. (yes I am willing to play the cleric if no one else wants to...

I'm pretty sure I will have most of Fantasy Grounds under my belt by the listed date of Oct 1. Any links to good material for learning are appreciated.

Long term, I am also looking to get better at FG so I could eventually DM.

It would be fun to discuss (on this thread or what have you) DM style and such with the group until Oct 1.

Thanks for reading
    Michael

Hey there Go1denscarab! Your more than welcome to join, it'd be good to have some feedback from an experienced Dm (Even if its 3.5 that your most familiar with). Personally I'm brand new to the DM experience, but am always willing to learn.

Personally when i was learning how to play i found this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2...iwtHb24AuJcXqx very good for learning how, it has clear and concise instructions on how to play with example die rolls and entertaining animations.

Also FGU is a great resource for learning FG, I took their classes when i was learning FG and they helped out a ton.

Thanks.

How many people have signed up so far?

As far as DM inspiration, I have watched a YouTube channel called "Web DM" and found that they have a lot of good ideas on how to manage the social aspects of a game as well as ideas for story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Go1denScarab View Post
    Thanks.

How many people have signed up so far?

As far as DM inspiration, I have watched a YouTube channel called "Web DM" and found that they have a lot of good ideas on how to manage the social aspects of a game as well as ideas for story telling.
    Your the second so far, but we have over a fortnight till the planned start so there's plenty of time for others to show interest. Oh and thanks for the recommendation I will certainly check that channel out for some ideas!

If you guys wanna do small one shots before then, that'd be cool.

Thread Information