5E Character Create Playlist

My license key doesn't work.

Here's my story :

I install a new windows on my pc and have lost my key, i 've contact the support and, thanks to them, they find my account and reset my password.
    Then i find my key on "store - order history"

But when i wish to activate my license, i copy/paste my key (without space) i log myself and i click on "OK" and the fantasy grounds uptader come (ver.3.3.8) and then nothing happens, and if i choose the update button, it does an update but come back at the main menu on FG without being registered.

I've already uninstall and reinstall FG Classic (not FGU)

For information, i bought a "lite" version back in 2009 and later bought the actual "standard" version.

What can i do?

Hi Trompillon, welcome to FG.

Apart from double checking that you have entered the correct key (your standard license key - in the top box only - leave the other one blank) and that you have correctly entered your forum username and password; other things to check is whether you have set an exception in your anti virus for FG and if your ISP is one of these you''ll need to follow the instruction in this post to make sure your ISP isn't blocking FG https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quadruple check done, good forum username, no anti-virus, no ISP blocking... I played with FG during more than 10 years and now i can't even connect to a game... frustrating.

If you can’t connect to a game that is usually a problem on the hosts side. If that isn’t the case (like you are the only player that can’t connect but others can) then the issue is something on your side,

You say you behave no anti virus but if you have Windows then you have Windows defender and so you should create an exception in that for FG.

You said above that FG updates but then doesn’t register. Can you explain what you mean by that? Did you accept the default install locations? Do you have a VPN running? Do you see any error messages? Anything further including some screenshots might be helpful in diagnosing your issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trompillon View Post
    For information, i bought a "lite" version back in 2009 and later bought the actual "standard" version.
    When you bought the “standard” license did you buy a lite-to-standard upgrade or a full standard license?

If you bought an upgrade (you probably did as it would have been much cheaper) then you need to put the lite license key in the top field and the lite-to-full upgrade key in the second “lite to full key” field. Click “OK” and then “Update” to run an update and setup your correct license (you can enter your login info later once you’ve got your license sorted out).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There's definitely a problem with my fantasy ground updater, in the main menu, it shows the 3.3.11, when i try to activate license, i have only one emplacement to put my license Key (actually i i have only one license Key, an upgrated lite to standard version), then the updater come and it is the 3.3.8, same if i try to "check updates" without log in.
    Here's some screenshots to explain :

Screenshot 1 : Main menu (it shows ver3.3.11)
    Screenshot 2 : When i click on "Activate license" or "Settings"
    Screenshot 3 : I copy/paste my Key (i tried to tape it) we can see that my log is registered
    Screenshot 4 : Once i click "ok" after copy/paste my Key, i see the FG updater but it stay like that (ver.3.3.8) and if i choose "update", it does an update and came back at the main menu without being registered (screenshot 1)

I hope it would clarified my explanations and sorry if it isn't the case but english is not my native language.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trompillon View Post
    actually i i have only one license Key, an upgrated lite to standard version
    This will only work if you put your original lite license in the first field - FG will recognise that this is a lite license and reveal the second field for you to enter the lite-to-full upgrade key.

If your lite license isn't available in the order history, or you can't find it in old emails, then email support explaining the situation.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The support helped me, there was a problem with my key, they gave me a new one.

Now i can upgrade to the ultimate. Thank you David.

Thread Information