DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU 4.0.0 9/24/2020 Not Working

Weekly game, everyone ran updater, everyone can connect to server fine.
    BUT...on server GM side, cannot close windows within app, open up MAPS to open an image, cannot select from drop down, cannot close image window when it comes up even though I didn't select it.

Cannot close an NPC window.

Players connecting fine, rolling dice fine, GM can't run the game, though. All GM side problems exist with or without players connected.

Our weekly game is now cancelled after 45 minutes of trying to get it to work by rebooting, etc.

Biggest beef with this issue is the lack of a version rollback feature that would have let us play with previous version. Unhappy group.

-TK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tkinzer View Post
    Weekly game, everyone ran updater, everyone can connect to server fine.
    BUT...on server GM side, cannot close windows within app, open up MAPS to open an image, cannot select from drop down, cannot close image window when it comes up even though I didn't select it.

Cannot close an NPC window.

Players connecting fine, rolling dice fine, GM can't run the game, though. All GM side problems exist with or without players connected.

Our weekly game is now cancelled after 45 minutes of trying to get it to work by rebooting, etc.

Biggest beef with this issue is the lack of a version rollback feature that would have let us play with previous version. Unhappy group.

-TK
    There is a rollback feature. It can be found in the "Prev" Channel under advanced settings. When available there is usually a note in the update announcement, like this one;
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    NOTE: Since these updates required us to change network behavior, we are moving the previous Live version to the Prev channel; and the GM and all players will need to be on the same version to connect to each other.
    Also note that their was a hot fix pushed to this build also today/tonight. You may wish to try updating again to see if that helps resolve some or all of your issues.

And please note;
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    Please remember not to update right before a game starts.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Used the PREV setting in Advance Settings and it reverted back to 9/3/2020 build and everything is working fine now. Thank you for the quick response.

The Previous version will only be around for a short while; so we should investigate whatever issue you are having. This doesn’t seem to be a general issue, so we need to figure out what is unique.

* Are you running any extensions in your campaign?
    * If you run Live version and create a brand new campaign with no extensions, do you see the issue?
    * Are you running any overlays? (Steam, XBox, NVidia, etc.)
    * Can you run the Live version with the console open; and post the logs? (Ie open console before hitting Start button; click Start button; once the tabletop is loaded, click Compile Logs, and send us file created)

Thanks,
    JPG

The Previous version will only be around for a short while; so we should investigate whatever issue you are having. This doesn’t seem to be a general issue, so we need to figure out what is unique.

* If you run Live version and create a brand new campaign with no extensions, do you see the issue?
    * Can you run the Live version with the console open; and post the logs? (Ie open console before hitting Start button; click Start button; once the tabletop is loaded, click Compile Logs, and send us file created)

Thanks,
    JPG
    Same issue with DCC or 5E
    Same issue with new campaign or existing.
    No overlays.
    Running on Mac.
    I can close windows by right clicking then hitting the X in the radial menu, but hitting the X in the regular inner window with left click does nothing.
    I'll try to run a debug log session later today but it doesn't throw any errors, in fact there seems to be a problem before I even launch the campaign, the launcher window buttons all seem slow. I'll run a screen capture for you tonight.

Can you also check to see if you have any subfolders in the rulesets directory under the FG data folder? (accessible via the folder button on launch screen)
    Also, what UI scale are you running at? (type /uiscale by itself in the chat box.)

Regards,
    JPG

OK more testing and here are the issues (all of which goes away on 9/20 build)

1. Lag at launch. (Start Campaign button)
    2. Lag on "Campaign Setup" dialogue screen where it cycles you through settings and modules, etc.
    3. Cannot close inner windows with left click on X (is possible with right click radial menu)
    4. Cannot drag dice with left click. Cannot bring up radial menu with right click on dice. (Connected players CAN use dice)

I did purchase Savage Worlds ruleset, that's the only thing I can think of that changed.

Find the following resources at the link below:

Screen shot of directory structure.
    Logs.
    Screen capture video of issues in action.
    Screen capture video of software working fine on 9/20 build.

Good luck and thank you!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Um?usp=sharing

Some questions/requests:
    * Can you send me a zipped up copy of your campaign folder for the DCC campaign you used in the game?
    * Can you type /scaleui in the chat box, and tell me what it returns?
    * Are there any scaling options in your Mac OS that are being applied to the window?
    * What version of Mac OS are you running?

It looks like either the ruleset windows are not merging correctly in DCC; or something else is going on that is preventing UI interactions. We upgraded to the latest long-term-support version of the Unity game engine with the latest release to resolve issues, as well as to get on long-term-support version as opposed to a much older version. That shouldn't make any difference, but I want to rule out the campaign and ruleset before trying to figure out what low-level system might be involved.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thanks,
    JPG
    I am having the same issue. I'm not running any extensions. I can't even access my campaign. After trying to boot up my campaign I receive the message: "[ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to the launcher and start game again."
    I'm not running any extensions.
    I can't start a brand new campaign. The Start button is greyed out.
    No overlays.
    I'm not sure what you mean in your last question but here are the compiled logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avB...ew?usp=sharing

Why will the Previous version only be available for a short while? That doesn't make sense. I paid for this product and should be able to access it, regardless.

[QUOTE=LordEntrails;544583]There is a rollback feature. It can be found in the "Prev" Channel under advanced settings. When available there is usually a note in the update announcement, like this one;

Also note that their was a hot fix pushed to this build also today/tonight. You may wish to try updating again to see if that helps resolve some or all of your issues.

I can't update. Fantasy Grounds won't let me. It just hangs on the Update screen forever.

Thread Information