FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is a rollback feature. It can be found in the "Prev" Channel under advanced settings. When available there is usually a note in the update announcement, like this one;

Also note that their was a hot fix pushed to this build also today/tonight. You may wish to try updating again to see if that helps resolve some or all of your issues.

And please note;
    I tried running PREV but it just hangs on the screen that says: "This appears to be your first time on the Prev channel. We are copying data from Live. This may take a moment."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettowario View Post
    I tried running PREV but it just hangs on the screen that says: "This appears to be your first time on the Prev channel. We are copying data from Live. This may take a moment."
    When you switch to the Prev channel FG copies all your campaigns to a separate folder structure. Did you give it enough time to do this? Do you have enough free space for this to happen? Do you have any security programs that are showing issues or blocking FG?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    When you switch to the Prev channel FG copies all your campaigns to a separate folder structure. Did you give it enough time to do this? Do you have enough free space for this to happen? Do you have any security programs that are showing issues or blocking FG?
    I hope so. I gave it an hour to do its thing but it was just hanging on that copying screen. Yes. 150GB. No. I even disabled my antivirus and this didn't make a difference.

Disabling anti virus rarely works; and especially if the AV has already quarantined FG. Make sue that you have specific rules in place for FG rather than switching your AV off. Also if you have multiple rules then delete all of them and create a new one. Also what AV do you use since some have been known to remove permissions to the FG data folder which could also be a problem; although you should get an error if this is the case.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Disabling anti virus rarely works; and especially if the AV has already quarantined FG. Make sue that you have specific rules in place for FG rather than switching your AV off. Also if you have multiple rules then delete all of them and create a new one. Also what AV do you use since some have been known to remove permissions to the FG data folder which could also be a problem; although you should get an error if this is the case.
    I disabled Advanced Protection on my Xfinity Modem/Router and port 1802 is forwarded. I set up exclusions in both my Eset Antivirus and Windows Firewall for Fantasy Grounds. I'm still not able to update and I still can't access my campaign. It's really strange because everything was connecting just fine a few days ago and my players were able to connect to me. That said, if I go to https://canyouseeme.org/ I am receiving an error message regarding port 1802. So does that mean that port 1802 is not really forwarded?
    Last edited by Ghettowario; September 29th, 2020 at 12:29.

Fantasy Grounds Unity uses port 1802 and UDP protocol.

Canyouseeme.org only checks for TCP ports not UDP.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm still not able to update and I still can't access my campaign.
    Focus on the second part. Permissions issues can also effect player connections and updating.
    If you can't work with your campaign, then you almost certainly have permissions issues in the FG appdata folder.

Hold the Windows key and press R
    Type "%APPDATA%\SmiteWorks" and press enter
    Right-click Fantasy Grounds folder and click properties
    Click the read only box if it is checked or filled in in any way (you want it to be empty)
    Click security tab, then click on your username.
    If 'full control' has a checkmark, click Advanced then check the Replace all child object permission entries and click OK and Yes. Then OK and OK again.
    If 'full control' doesn't have a checkmark, these steps won't work.
    Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Unity uses port 1802 and UDP protocol.

Canyouseeme.org only checks for TCP ports not UDP.
    I'm not sure how this comment helps me.

I'm not sure how this comment helps me.
    It means this: check that your port forwarding you've setup is using UDP not TCP. And don't use canyuoseeme.org to check FGU port forwarding, it won't work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Focus on the second part. Permissions issues can also effect player connections and updating.
    If you can't work with your campaign, then you almost certainly have permissions issues in the FG appdata folder.

Hold the Windows key and press R
    Type "%APPDATA%\SmiteWorks" and press enter
    Right-click Fantasy Grounds folder and click properties
    Click the read only box if it is checked or filled in in any way (you want it to be empty)
    Click security tab, then click on your username.
    If 'full control' has a checkmark, click Advanced then check the Replace all child object permission entries and click OK and Yes. Then OK and OK again.
    If 'full control' doesn't have a checkmark, these steps won't work.
    Okay I did all this. Still unable to update. Still unable to access my campaign. Same error. Same problems. Xfinity says my port 1802 is forwarded but when I test it, it fails. I've called Xfinity 4 times already and they say the problem is not them. I've checked my Windows Firewall and made exceptions for Fantasy Grounds, Fantasy Grounds Updater, and port 1802, but still no change. I've made every exception I can think of in my antivirus and still no change. I've turned off my Windows Firewall completely and my antivirus and still can't connect to Fantasy Grounds. Everything was working fine before this most recent Fantasy Grounds update.

Thread Information