STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 14 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmDenmark View Post
    Hi,

First off great extension, would love to use it but it seems to conflict with some of the other extensions I'm using

- 5E Enhancer
    When opening the actions tab there are failing scripts, I haven't tried to solve it, so can't tell if this would be easy to fix.

It works great for most spells but for those below it does not use up a spell slot on my wizard:
    - Magic Missile
    - Burning Hands

Hope you will be able to look at it and maybe solve the issues, I would love to use the extension.
    Hi,

thanks for the interest in my extension. I have looked at "5E Enchancer" briefly in it does seem to be super complex and affects so many different places in FG that even its author thinks that it is unlikely to work with other extensions. I have also notices that he/she does not use merge = "join" in XML statements, so he/she effectively overwrites any other extensions that are loaded before (so changing load order to have my extension load before will most likely cause even more errors).

My only suggestion it to not use the whole "5E Enchancer" but only the parts of it that you actually need (they are in sub-extensions folder on GitHub) and try out which combinations work together and which don't.

As for Magic Missile and Burning Hands, they do work correctly for me, please double check that you have them created correctly from the link. My extension uses "level" of the spell to know which spell slot to tick off. See image below:
    MM.png

@XeLab

Healing Word isn't upcasting, when you do it adds a flat +10 instead of another dice. Cure wounds is working ok. Any guess?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    @XeLab

Healing Word isn't upcasting, when you do it adds a flat +10 instead of another dice. Cure wounds is working ok. Any guess?
    Nice catch. The upcasted effect for spell "Heal" was overshadowing all spells which contain sub-string "heal" in their names.

It was a quick fix. New 1.6 version uploaded.

I just had great discussion with Trenloe, and got few ideas on how I can make the extension even better compatible with other extension (e.g. 5e Enhancer, and others).
    Will probably get to it on weekend.

I am considering removing "Delayed Hide" functionality, since it will drastically simplify the changes to be made.
    Does anybody actually use this functionality? Is it ok to remove it?

Thanks for this nifty extension. I don't use the "Delayed Hide" function, xelab.

I do use the delayed hide because I have the setting to one action when casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum Miechel View Post
    I do use the delayed hide because I have the setting to one action when casting.
    I see, well than I'll try to preserve it

Quote Originally Posted by xelab View Post
    I see, well than I'll try to preserve it
    Thank you Xelab

Your extension is very useful, it is worthy of the developers adding it as a standard utility in FG.

I have just posted version 1.7 with some improvements in compatibility with other extensions.

I have also looked into 5E Enhancer and I must say I am amazed it is still functional on its own, seeing how much code is just copy pasted without proper overloading.
    Having said that, I have found a way to make it load alongside with Spell Automation and it is to delete line 360 in the file "campaign\record_power.xml" of that extension. The line reads:
    Code:
    <script file="campaign/scripts/content_share.lua" />
    This line is responsible for, and I quote "Script to post spell and ability descriptions into chat".
    No idea what it really does. It does not seem to have changed any behaviour of the character sheet. Maybe it was deprecated before?
    Please use at your own discretion.
    Last edited by xelab; February 9th, 2021 at 21:18.

Xelab,

Want to echo the quality of your extension and how it has helped to speed up play for my players.

Recently I have run into an issue with another extension (Sneak Attack automation) which, after looking into the code, does a number of checks to determine eligibility, and if so, it creates a new effect in the CT with the sneak attack damage. The simple approach is for players to attack (with the custom Sneak Attack effect) and then perform the damage after the additional Sneak Attack Damage effect is added automatically. With your Automation extension, everything executes properly (no errors) but there seems to be a sequencing issue where the Sneak Attack damage effect is being added to the CT after your automated damage roll is conducted, versus before which would allow the Sneak Damage to be applied to the roll. I was wondering whether your code is internally managing both actions (attack and damage) prior to releasing the handler where by the Sneak Attack check in the other extension is made. Not very familiar with the core objects and methods in FGU, as I was trying to look through both codes to see if I could find a straight forward change, but figured I would reach out for guidance to help de-conflict the 2 extensions. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information