DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

5E - Spell Automation

This extension is now only available on DMs Guild here

Spell pinning is available on DMs Guild here

This extension allows to (almost) fully automate spellcasting.
    It also fully supersedes my older extension "5E - Expending Spell Slots"

Main Feature 1: Automating Casting Actions

This extension will automatically cast spell actions when you click on a star button ("use power" button). By default, all actions will be cast in the order from left to right. If attack misses or save fully succeeds, the actions afterwards will not be executed. You can change the number of actions executed by default in Options. You can limit the number of actions per spell by putting "»#" in spell name, where # is number of actions to execute (e.g. "»1" will only execute first action). Shift-clicking use power button will not execute any actions.
    Update: the extension now also allows to automatically execute weapon attacks and use character powers in the same manner as casting spells.
    This extension can be combined with "Instant Dice" extension to achieve instant spell casting:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ling-Animation

Main Feature 2: Expending spell slots on cast

This extension will also automatically expend appropriate spell slot when you click on a star button ("use power" button).
    If the character has both spell slots and pact magic slots the priority will be pact magic -> spell slots.
    Upcasting spells is possible by first entering intended cast level. Damage and healing should be automatically adjusted. You will have to manually take care of other effects (more targets, more projectiles, duration, etc).
    You can set default upcast level for each spell by adding "@#" in spell name (e.g. "@3" will try to cast spell at 3rd level). Ctrl-clicking the button will execute all action, without expend spell slot. Alt-clicking executes all actions as ritual casting (without expending slot and adding 10 minutes to casting time).

The extension was developed and tested for both Fantasy Grounds Unity and Classic.
    If you find any bugs please let me know.

Versions:
    1.0: Initial Release
    1.1: Added Damage and Healing Scaling for Upcasting
    1.2: Bug fix for Multitarget Automation
    1.3: Bug fix for Targeting 0 Creatures
    1.4: Improved compatibility with other extensions
    1.5: Added support for automating weapon attacks
    1.6: Fixed upcasted effect for some healing spells
    1.7: Improvements in compatibility with other extensions
    1.8: Fixed upcasting without expending slots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (2.18 MB, 3703 views)
    • File Type: gif 2.gif (1.34 MB, 3630 views)
    Last edited by xelab; March 4th, 2021 at 17:41.

Additional feature 1: Delay hiding spells / powers without suitable slots

This feature only useful when spell does not execute all actions (or if manually executing actions (Shift + click).
    In "Combat Mode", the default behaviour is to hide spells / powers without available slots immediately.
    This is problematic if you (like me) prefer to first announce the spell (and expend the slot), and than apply its effects, since the spell may be hidden by that time.
    You can switch to "Delayed Hide" mode by double-clicking "Upcast" field changing appropriate setting in options. In this mode powers will not be hidden until last action of the power is clicked or next power is cast or until the next power is cast. You can also refresh the view by clicking the "Upcast" field.
    You can always switch back to "Normal" mode by double-clicking the "Upcast" field again. This setting should also be persistent between sessions.

Additional feature 2: Pinning powers in Combat Mode

For some powers / spells it is useful to keep them always "pinned" in Combat Mode, even without available slots.
    Good examples are Spiritual Weapon, Flaming Sphere, Hex and pretty much any spell with delayed effect / over-time effect / duration.
    With this extension active you can "pin" any spell / power by adding "●" ("Black Circle" U+25CF Symbol) or "·" ("Middle Dot" U+00B7 Symbol) to its name.
    Just copy paste the symbol and put it anywhere in the power name.
    Since FG Classic does not support Unicode characters you can only use "·" ("Middle Dot") for pinning spells

Additional feature 3: Hide "CAST" message for attack and save actions.

Selecting appropriate setting in options will remove "CAST" message, which IMHO does not carry additional information. Example below:

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 3.gif (797.0 KB, 3457 views)
    • File Type: gif 4.gif (1.22 MB, 3465 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (105.3 KB, 3446 views)
    Last edited by xelab; October 7th, 2020 at 20:53.

Cool! Would you think it be possible to check off a spell using the Cast icon instead of the star in the future?

My players like to drag and drop magic attacks.

You can either click on Star icon (which is in FG internally called "Use Power") or double-clicking spell name.

What do you mean "Cast" icon? Do you mean "Cast" type action? If so it would be problematic for spell without rolls to hit (like Magic Missile, Invisibility, Heal, etc...)

Dragging and dropping works same as before, if any player chooses not to use automation.

Looks really cool! Seems like it is just missing the upcasting ability.

I wonder if it would work with this extension:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...hor_of_product

Quote Originally Posted by xelab View Post
    You can either click on Star icon (which is in FG internally called "Use Power") or double-clicking spell name.

What do you mean "Cast" icon? Do you mean "Cast" type action? If so it would be problematic for spell without rolls to hit (like Magic Missile, Invisibility, Heal, etc...)

Dragging and dropping works same as before, if any player chooses not to use automation.
    Ah I see, a valid point!

Would be interested if somebody can check.

I myself just drag and right-click to add additional dice, when I am upcasting

This thing is also working for everything on the action tab, if an ability has a use per rest/day dot, when that dot is checked it triggers all the effects associated with it. Which for most things it isn't an issue but huge arrays like wild shape, etc it is not needed.

Is there a symbol we can place on the description to tell it to not do it on that particular item?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    This thing is also working for everything on the action tab, if an ability has a use per rest/day dot, when that dot is checked it triggers all the effects associated with it. Which for most things it isn't an issue but huge arrays like wild shape, etc it is not needed.

Is there a symbol we can place on the description to tell it to not do it on that particular item?
    Yeah, this is intended.

Should have mentioned in the description

Awesome extension! I really like this! It works great in Unity, but in Classic (for me at least) it is not compatible for Diablo Bob's Critically Awesome Essentials. I have to turn that extension off in Classic in order for it to work. I made sure to download the most updated version of his extension so not sure if I am doing something else wrong.

Feature requests if possible: Have this same functionality apply to PC weapon attacks. Have it apply to NPC weapon attacks and spells. :-)

Thread Information