DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hunt Prey Effect Question

Not sure it is the right thread for it, but does anyone know how to put the Hunt Prey condition to work?
    I am trying something and so far it led me nowhere

Here what i tryed:
    As a Self Effect: IFT: CUSTOM[Prey]; MAP2: -3; MAP3: -6
    As a Target Condition: Prey

If any of you could give a light in this matter, I would be much gratefull.

You are using [] instead of (), maybe this is why it does not work as intended? I would have to check the documentation, but we use () successfully. There is also no need to differentiate MAP2 and MAP3.

We are using:

Self condition: Flurry; IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey Craal); MAP:-3
    Target condition: Hunt Prey Craal

With "Craal" being the character name, so that different chars can use Hunt Prey on the same target. Also keep in mind that "Hunted Shot" applies MAP to its second shot despite being a single action, which can get ugly when only one of the two shots is a crit.

Remove the space -

IFT: CUSTOM....
    IFT:CUSTOM

However in order for it to work with a player, the player would have to remember to use the MA# buttons at top of CT before they strike.
    Otherwise it will just use whats on the Character sheet.

Probably better to create a Duplicate weapon with the Hunt prey (Flurry Attack) with the modified
    MA#'s

So you would have -

Longsword +11,+6,+1.....
    and...
    Longsword (Hunt Prey) +11,+9,+5

And the player uses the second one when attacking they hunted prey..
    Last edited by Willot; September 23rd, 2020 at 08:36.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

We only did the "duplicate weapon" entry for the "Hunted Shot" bow and star-knife, because the player likes to keep 10 weapons on himself. Yeah, he uses the "Hefty Hauler" feat.

Moved these posts to their own thread.

IFT: CUSTOM... or IFT:CUSTOM... (with or without a space) will work. The rest mentioned above is correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah? When I tried with a space it didnt seem to work? Probaby stuffed something else and assumed was the space
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I am invoking my Thread Necromancy powers!

I see plenty of advice on these forums talking about IFT this and IFT that, but I can't figure out what to do with these phrases. Where do I put them? What else is possible?
    I would think there's a wiki, or set of videos, or some kind of help/training out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Can someone provide me with a link, please?

(Something for the total n00b. I'm familiar with things like XML, JSON, and even dabble in Javascript, C/C++, Java, etc. But I just don't know anything about how FG does its customization)
    Last edited by GMScott; June 17th, 2021 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by GMScott View Post
    I see plenty of advice on these forums talking about IFT this and IFT that, but I can't figure out what to do with these phrases. Where do I put them? What else is possible?
    I would think there's a wiki, or set of videos, or some kind of help/training out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Can someone provide me with a link, please?
    These are effects. Information on those in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects

The primary place for effects is the Effects section of an entry in the Combat Tracker. Release 18 of the PF2 ruleset added character effects and weapon effects. Find an overview of Release 18 (including some videos) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rmation-thread But I'd suggest you try effects in the CT only at first.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Before v18 we used an extension to put the self condition on the ranger whenever he equipped a weapon and then he put the target condition on targets himself. I did not get around trying that in v18 without the extension, but it makes sense to use built-in features where available.

Thread Information