FG Spreadshirt Swag

Vanguard questions

One of the players in my game is a vanguard. We have found what we think may be an issue, but also have some questions.

They are now level 2, but on his character, the ability tab, a bunch of his abilities show as level 0. Entropic pool, strike, and the first aspect abilities show up this way. I'm not sure if this impacts anything, or its just a benign display issue or what?

And from there, is there anything built in to handle entropic strike and pools, or is that something we need to add ourselves? Any suggestions on implementing that?

Thanks

Not sure about the abilities showing as level 0 on the ability tab. A screenshot may help.

As for handling entropy points, there is a little help there. On the Actions tab, in the lower right corner, is the edit list pencil. Click that, and you can choose to add a weapon or a ability class. (Ultimately, you're going to do both.)

First, add a weapon. Call it Entropic Strike. Click the magnifying glass, and you can fill in properties: vs. eac; Damage is 1d3 at second level, so right-click the d6 at the bottom, and drag the d3 up to the damage window. Make sure stat is based on Con, and for type you can do B, magic (you can technically do A instead of B, as the strike can do acid or bludgeoning damage.

Next, back down where the added the weapon, you want to add a ability class. The box in the middle can be changed through the classes to Vanguard. When you do, the box for CL is character level, so keep that updated (it doesn't autoupdate when you level up.) The next box is EP, that's where you can keep track of the entropy points you gain and spend.

I've included my level 5 vanguard as an example.Vanguard char sheet.jpg

So here is a screenshot of the abilities showing lvl 0. Not sure what went wrong, but I just tried building another character and it shows the levels properly. Worst case I will just have him rebuild. vanguard lvl 0.jpg

Thank you very much for that example. That should be very helpful.

As for the abilities being level 0, that shouldn't have any impact. Everything in Starfinder is based on your character or class level not the level of the abilities. Only exception to this are spells which are partially dependent on the spells level, but your Vanguard shouldn't have spells ^^

Will be going through Character Ops Manual starting today to update it to the next Ruleset version, all those Level 0 issues will be fixed.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information