Starfinder Playlist

Looking for replacement Meat-Shield...uh Fighter type, you'll be starting at level 7.

Friday Nights, 7 PM Central Time. This is a more challenging game. DnD 5e.
    Multiclass OK. But limited to the books the DM has. Nothing from Eberon or Wildemont for example. He does have the basic and Xanathars for sure, so most of the good stuff is there.

Note here if you are interested. I will post the DM's contact info shortly. we Look to start this Friday if possible. Character creation is rolled under DM supervision, with a fallback of a very generous standard array if all you roll is a tourist. No matter what you will have some nice stats.

So... I'm the DM and this has been an ongoing game for a number of months. players started at level 3, and progressed to level 7, so there is a lot of plot and history. This party is great at party cohesion so someone who thinks about the party and not just themselves, is preferred. Feel free to choose any class and race from the books I have (PHB, MM, DMG, Sword Coast, Elemental Evil, Volo's, Xanathar's, and some custom homebrew content). The campaign is called Shatterpoint of the Revenant, and here is the original plot hook:

"It will be in the Forgotten Realms setting... with a twist. The world was recently broken by some very powerful arcane spellcasters in their recklessness. As a result, a militant group has risen out of the ashes in order to prevent any event like this from occurring again. They have gained favor in many cities across the continent of Faerun and have established a strong foothold within the land. They are unwavering and always looking to expand in their plight to protect the world from dangerous magics. They are known as the Legion of Salt, and they are not above torture, slavery, or even genocide in an attempt to castrate what they believe to be the greatest threat to life itself. But in the face of such unyielding dominance and unforgiving tyranny, there are those who have begun to stand in direct opposition of their cruelty. These people are usually met with finality and swift brutality, but when silence is stricken across the land, its peoples' cries are heard more clearly than ever.

You are a young adventurer in the town of CrestWood. Perhaps you have come to compete in the Melee Tourney, or shop in the exotic market that comes through town this time of year, or maybe you're a traveler voyaging on through or were even raised here. Whatever your reasons for being here, some of the local guard has taken note of your presence in town and they seem to be uncomfortable at the sight of you. By day's end it becomes clear that you're being watched and just as it seems things might get out of hand, a royal missive is delivered to you personally. It is a letter from the local Baron, and he is seeking your audience on that same eve. The letter does not go into detail or explain what the Baron wants. It only details that his need is urgent, and he intends to pay well for anyone willing to aid him. This is meant to be a long term campaign which will be tailored by and for the players. Your decisions will have drastic effects on the campaign and its consequences. There are no 'safe' decisions, so tread with caution. That doesn't mean that every possible decision will lead to your demise or anything like that, it just means that they all have far reaching consequences... for better or for worse."

Of course the players have progressed past this point and have changed the world quite a lot as they've moved around. How you shape the world is up to you, I just ask that you try to work with the party as a team. Stats will be 4d6, drop the lowest, for each stat. You can do this a total of twice, and take the better of the two sets. Alternatively you can opt for 32 point buy instead of 27. Min and max before racial traits are 8 and 16 respectively. I recommend that you roll your stats, and if you don't like either outcome, then choose point buy.

This covers most of my homebrew rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zjIO6rwYM/edit

This sounds great, I'd be interested in joining. I've had an idea for a Lizardfolk Shamanistic Barbarian type of character I've wanted to play for a while. My only concern is the time difference and making the start time, I am on the west coast and my work schedule has me clocking out from work at 5PM PST (7PM Central) so I wouldn't be online till almost 8PM Central.

Friday nights, 8pm Eastern, how late do sessions run?

I read your house rules. They look good. Assume there will be a different standard for rolling new at 7th level than described in them?

Will there be an opportunity to meet with the other players & the DM in voice chat for a short while before the first session to see if we're a good fit?

I'm a natural meat shield. Regardless the class I play, I seem to always be on the front lines. Best to do it as a tanky type to keep myself and my team alive longer.

I've been kicking around the idea of a fighter/rogue type who violently loathes oppression. But if the party is going in a different direction, I can happily shift to a completely different concept.

Sessions usually run from about 5pm PST to 9 or 10 pm PST, so about 4-5 hours. This will not be the first session of the game, as you would be thrown into an ongoing game with established plot and history. If you'd like to show up to the table early you may be able to converse with some of the players who show up early as well. We all have schedules, however, and I cannot guarantee that the players will be available outside of game time. I would need whoever joins to set aside time before game time in order to make your character before the session. Could be the day of, or a day prior.

I would love to join and would be available to but I can't make the session start times due to work constraints. I would be more than able to set aside time the day before the session for character building / discussions. But I understand if my schedule doesn't align with the groups.

If that's okay I am more than happy to jump in, otherwise hopefully you fill out the slot!

Yeah sorry, but the schedule is a problem here. not being able to make the first hour of any session makes scheduling a problem.

I like what I've seen but I'm concerned about my schedule. I would probably miss 1/4 to 1/3 of the sessions because they're on Fridays.

If ya still looking looking to fill the slot I am very interested.
    ~Wait, is this it? Pathetic...~

Thread Information