DICE PACKS BUNDLE

monster stat block and combat tracker effects

is there a definitive list of how effects formats are written into a monster's stat block so that when dragged to the combat tracker, they populate properly?

for example, this text:
    DR 15/all; Immune critical hits, disease, flanking, paralysis, poison, sleep; fast healing 10; Defensive Abilities worm that walks traits

shows up in c.t. with only these:
    Effects: (DR: 15; IMMUNE: critical; FHEAL: 10)

i realize some of the immunity fg can't really convert; i just want to know what effects do convert so i can set up the formats properly. thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    is there a definitive list of how effects formats are written into a monster's stat block so that when dragged to the combat tracker, they populate properly?

for example, this text:
    DR 15/all; Immune critical hits, disease, flanking, paralysis, poison, sleep; fast healing 10; Defensive Abilities worm that walks traits

i realize some of the immunity fg can't really convert; i just want to know what effects do convert so i can set up the formats properly. thx
    As far as I know there is sadly no official list, someone needs to take the plunge and read the code and then write a summary

sadly :-1

also, i have a monster with just this in the stat block:
    DR 5/--; smoke form

but when dropped in combat tracker:
    Elemental traits; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; DR: 5; DMGTYPE: evil

where is it pulling the extra effects to populate? so confused... is there a back-end way that this was / can be done?

(noticed a point of inconsistency / ambiguity: all of this coding does the same -- "DR 5" "DR 5/-" "DR 5/--" "DR 5/all" equals "DR: 5;" in combat tracker... sigh)
    -----

sadly :-1

also, i have a monster with just this in the stat block:
    DR 5/--; smoke form

but when dropped in combat tracker:
    Elemental traits; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; DR: 5; DMGTYPE: evil

where is it pulling the extra effects to populate? so confused... is there a back-end way that this was / can be done?

(noticed a point of inconsistency / ambiguity: all of this coding does the same -- "DR 5" "DR 5/-" "DR 5/--" "DR 5/all" equals "DR: 5;" in combat tracker... sigh)
    The elemental trait informations do not come from your SQ but rather from the NPC type or subtype (as example) What do you have there? (and when FG know that it is an elemental, then you get these immunities, too) Or better post a screenshot then we can help better The damage type thing can also come from the (sub)type

What is the problem with the DR stuff? The damage types listed there are normally exceptions, so, when there are no damage types, then it just parses it as DR: 5 and this is correct Or what do you expect? (except the DR 5/all is strange, but I would not know why someone would have such a trait because it basically says that it has 5 damage reduction except against all weapons So, no NPC should have it normally )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...FG know that it is an elemental, then you get these immunities...
    i see what you mean by fg picking up other stats info that isn't in the "special qualities" block

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...the DR 5/all is strange...5 damage reduction except against all weapons
    that makes sense... and counter-intuitive: i interpreted/wrote it wrong, thinking "all" to mean "resist all types" (lol); my other point to this was what's after the slash, which can be none, a single hyphen, or 2 hyphens
    -----

my other point to this was what's after the slash, which can be none, a single hyphen, or 2 hyphens
    Yeah, that is right, the parser only looks for key words in this case DR or damage reduction (I think), some number and damage types everything else gets ignored, probably to support different styles of how to write such things

for example, this text:

I would do this:

DR 15/-; Immune critical, disease, precision, paralysis, poison, sleep; fast healing 10; Defensive Abilities worm that walks traits
    Untitled.jpg

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I think that

Immunity to critical, precision
    Also works

Resistance to acid 20, cold 20, electricity 20, sonic 20;
    Also works

Resist
    works

Resistances acid 20, cold 20, electricity 20, sonic 20;
    does not work

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information