STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Popped up in my game a few times. I haven't dug into it but it seems to happen with AoE sort of spells where someone saves success or on a concentration check
    Code:
    9/26/2022 6:55:43 PM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "scripts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)
    Happens to me for NPC concentration checks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Popped up in my game a few times. I haven't dug into it but it seems to happen with AoE sort of spells where someone saves success or on a concentration check
    Code:
    9/26/2022 6:55:43 PM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "scripts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)
    Happens to me for NPC concentration checks.
    Thank you rhagelstrom for reporting the error and nephranka for following us with additional information.

I am attempting to return to FG and D&D after a lengthy forced hiatus. I am currently looking into this issue.

Thank you everyone for your patience with me.

Blog Entries
    @ rhagelstrom and nephranka, I have been unable to reproduce the error.

I've tried various options, e.g. a Mage with the Moonbeam spell cast on a couple heros, one of which has Bardic Inspiration. When it becomes the Barbarian's turn (the hero with Bardic Inspiration), and he is within the Moonbeam's area of effect, he makes a saving throw and the extension handles that just fine without error. He then successfully attacks the Mage and his damage forces the Mage to make a concentration cjeck. Irregardless of whether the Mage successfully saves of fails the check, no error is produced by the extension.

If possible please provide more details of the setup and sequence of events that caused the error to be thrown: PC character classes, effects in play, the particular spell being used, who's affected, who has Bardic Inspiration, what and who forced the concentration check, that sort of thing. Essentially I need the steps or events involved that led to the errror. Are other extensions loaded? If I can't repeat it on my end, I can't fix it.

I was able to reproduce this with an NPC concentration check.

Reproduce. Have a spell caster NPC cast bane and put the conc effect on the NPC
    Roll damage with the PC that has Bardic Inspiration on it, and the error will show up.

Was able to reproduce when rolling the PC damage from a client as well as from a host.

Roll damage with the PC that has Bardic Inspiration on it, and the error will show up.

Was able to reproduce when rolling the PC damage from a client as well as from a host.
    Beat me to it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taralas View Post
    Quick question: for those of us using Hero Points, is there any way to add an additional conditional for an effect called "Hero Points" so that the party can be reminded that they may want to use a point before the result has been revealed?
    Possibly. But given the wording of your request I'm inclined to say that I probably won't. Here's why.
    I typically write my extensions to assist the DM, not the player. DMs have a lot on their plate. Something that makes their job easier to help keep the game moving along is worth pursuing in my mind. Providing sticky notes for players isn't something I don't want to get into. Sorry, It's a philosophy thing.

Plus, this sounds like a Hero Points issue.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 26th, 2022 at 14:47. Reason: added "don't" and hero points responsibility
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries

I'm still am not getting the error. I believe I've followed your instructions correctly. Screenshot provided.
    (Are you using version v0.0.9 of the extension?)
    Untitled.png

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I'm still am not getting the error. I believe I've followed your instructions correctly. Screenshot provided.
    Untitled.png
    Here is the error. It comes after the damage roll.
    [11/22/2022 11:15:00 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "M23185F_BIDI:..ipts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)

I have v0.0.9. I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    @ nephranka

I have mocked up your setup to the best of my abilities, using the information provided by your screenshot.
    And.. I still do not get the error. Aargh.

Here is my screenshot of my attempt at duplicating what you've done.
    To on the left side of the image is a copy of the chat window from the screenshot you provided. The rest of the image is portion of my attempt.
    Untitled.jpg

I duplicated your Combat Tracker as well as I could. NPCs, targeting, Effects in play and two PC's, Zander, a Bard, and Jinzik, a Warlock (I had to guess, based on Eldritch Blast). I then duplicated the sequence of events as displayed in your Chat. But no error was thrown.

There are some Effects that I had trouble with:
    • Mirror Image - appears to be a custom Effect, but probably just a reminder placeholder, though the subscripting confused me (the Aarakocra has 2, Zander has 1)
    • RCHG - looks like an Advanced Effect (Celestian's fine extension).
    • RETURNDMG - also a place holder? or another Advanced Effect?
    • ADVSAVTYPE - ditto?
    • Spell: (C) - now this one is pretty slick, it just puts the Dragon into Concentration mode (I need to remember this!)

Now another screenshot, an excerpt of FG's console from your screenshot:
    Untitled2.png
    Note that I've marked your Campaign name and a module that I don't have.

Here are a few things I'd like you to try, after you perform one of the steps, please inflict damage on the dragon to see if that's the reason for the thrown error.
    1. Because your campaign is called Test2, I'm assuming you created it just to provide information to me. If not, if it has been around for a while, please delete it's subfolder in the Cashe folder, or just create a new campaign for this next iteration of trying to nail down this error.
    2. Unload the "World - GM" module
    3. Use a real concentration spell from the Player's Handbook, instead of "Spell: (C)", you suggested Bane
    4. Get rid of all Effects on all actors, except for Bardic Inspiration and the concentration Effect (Bane). Maybe eliminate one Effect at a time, applying damage to the dragon, between each deleted Effect.

I'm grabbing at straws here. I have no ideas as to why I can't duplicate the error.

Some things we might try in the future are: providing me with copies of the characters and maybe a special version of BIDI with all sorts of "Debug.console"s in it.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Untitled.png
    I think the key here is the (C) effect needs to be self applied to the target getting hit. Maybe Bane was a bad example, Say the Target has fly on itself

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.32.47 PM.png

Thread Information