DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    The effect is “Cutting Words”. With the “s”. As in plural.
    Mucho's Gracias for finding that !!!

It's working now !!!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 24th, 2020 at 17:32.

Bardic Inspiration works on Attack rolls, Ability Checks (Skills, Initiative, etc) and Saves unless You are a valor bard where it can be used for damage and as a reaction for AC. Other Bard classes have their own.

The effect for Bardic Inspiration is simple but the fact it can be a choice to roll after a roll have been made make it so FG need an extension to apply this.
    If you take away the option to choose to use it after a roll FG handles this easy with: Bardic Inspiration; ATK: 1d6; SAVE: 1d6; CHECK: 1d6; SKILL: 1d6 (Target:X, On use: Next Roll)
    But thats not as intended as you probably want to use it after you see your roll of a save or Check etc. Since Bardic Inspiration works on your Initiatives and Counter spell checks you can jsut make an ingame effect for this as per above. But an extension is required if you want to add the roll after. Or...as I do. The Bard have an effect created he marks players with and we simply manually add or detract the rolls. The only time this is an issue is if its used as a saving throw vs half damage on a spell targeting 10+ as it simply is a nuisance. But thats quickly done by removing the player from targets, having him roll a seperate save including BI, and in the Chat you can just half the damage of a spell with a click of a button, drag and drop onto a character if they succeeded and voila.

Blog Entries
    @Gissur
    I’m sorry I don’t understand the intent of your post. Are you advocating for not using my extension? Using a set of Effects instead? Then by all means, don’t use it. I’m not trying to force it on anyone. I find it helpful. I thought I’d share it with those who might want to use it. If you don’t, don’t use it. No biggie.

Hi Minty, it seems this extension has broken with the new FGU updates.

I'm setting Chat: Show GM rolls on OFF and Chat: Show results to Clients on On, but Bardic Inspiration is not triggered.

I have tried all on off combination but to no avail.

The test was performed in a vanilla situation ( FGU latest version, no extension and mod loaded, except for your bardic inspiration one).

Hope you will be able to address this issue since my bard player (my fiancee) is totally enjoying it.

Thanks for your support and patience.

UPDATE: Problem solved! Wrong spelling of Bardic Inspiration (the c in Bardic was missing).
    Last edited by eriktedesco; November 8th, 2020 at 12:43. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Thanks for this extension. Having Bardic Inspiration is rather similar to the spending of an Hero Point. You have to choose to use it after a roll, but before the effect of that result is announced. Would you be willing to check for an effect to a character who has used it's hero point? That would allow for collaboration with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PFRPG-CoC-CnC). I'll post something similar in that thread.
    Last edited by Milmoor; January 9th, 2021 at 10:41.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Thanks for this extension. Having Bardic Inspiration is rather similar to the spending of an Hero Point. You have to choose to use it after a roll, but before the effect of that result is announced. Would you be willing to check for an effect to a character who has used it's hero point? That would allow for collaboration with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PFRPG-CoC-CnC). I'll post something similar in that thread.
    I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re asking for. Do you want damed’s extension to add some named effect, e.g. “Hero Point”, when the player uses it, then you want my extension to look for that effect and treat it how? Like a Bardic Inspiration Point?, so that the roll result is not announced? For what type of rolls? Saves? Attacks? Checks?

[EDIT]Okay, I just looked up “Hero Points” in the 5e DMG. I’ve never used them before, didn’t know they existed. My comment above is moot. I have a better handle on this now. This extension could be made to intercept, say a “Hero Point” Effect and behave appropriately. Truth be told it does something like that for luck points, but that’s been unpublished until now, mainly because I found it of little value so far.

Additionally, Milmoor if I start running into extension conflicts as mentioned in post #2 of this thread, I may throw up my hands and refuse to implement your request. I don’t have the time to devote to sorting that sort of thing out.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; January 9th, 2021 at 14:26.

I totally get that. Thanks for taking a look. Since the extensions focus on very different parts of the equation, I'm hoping for no conflicts.

Blog Entries
    @Milmoor an alternate possibility, should we have intra-extension conflicts, is for me to implement on my end and then the player would just add the Hero Point effect to their character. It would only need to be added once and then the player would just turn it on or off at will.

Blog Entries
    @Milmoor - I started looking into this and unfortunately I believe this won't act the way you want it to. The problem is timing and the computer's inability to read someone's mind.

The way the extension works is: a PC is given a Bardic Inspiration Die by a Bard. The Bard adds the appropriate effect to the PC. The extension intercepts all of the appropriate roll results from being reported to the players. Note the timing. The effect is applied. ALL future rolls of the appropriate type are intercepted.

What you want is for the player's PC with a Hero Point to be able to play the Hero Point based on the number(s) on the dice roll, before it's adjudicated. This can't be done. The computer cannot guess when a player is going to want to play the Hero Point. It can only intercept all rolls and have the player decide for each one.

What actually must happen is this: the player adds the Hero Point effect to their PC. Then future rolls of the appropriate type (and in this case pretty much all of them) will be intercepted. The dice values will be displayed but not the adjudicated result. The DM will have to then ask, "Do you want to spend a Hero Point?"

I don't know for sure, but I assume most if not all of the players' PCs have Hero Points to use. So essentially every roll in the game will have to be announced by the DM. If that's the case, don't use my extension, just use the configuration manager to change the setting to not show results to the players.

If you haven't used my extension, all of this might not be apparent, but doing a little experimenting and I think what I am trying to get across will become obvious. Try it out with "Bardic Inspiration". It looks to me as though all the appropriate rolls for "Bardic Inspiration" are the same as for "Hero Point".

If after your experiments you still want me to add support for a Hero Point effect let me know. I'm glad I looked into this. damned would have done a lot of work for nothing. The Hero Points extension does not need to apply the effect. Each player with Hero Points to spend adds the effect to their PC and then when they want to use a point they use damned's extension to keep the tally correct. When they're out of Hero Points they turn of the effect or delete it. (The effect is always on as long as they have Hero Points to spend.)

You are right. The Hero Points are not limited in time, which is needed. Thanks for taking a serious look at this.

Thread Information