Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Thanks jrowsey1, nicely done!

Just passing along a conflict I found. When this is loaded with Better Combat Effects Gold it throws an error when I am using some of the automatic saving code from BCEG. The error is:
    [7/4/2022 7:55:18 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Just passing along a conflict I found. When this is loaded with Better Combat Effects Gold it throws an error when I am using some of the automatic saving code from BCEG. The error is:
    [7/4/2022 7:55:18 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)
    Did that just start happening?

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Around the same time as the Medusa issue, so maybe?

Edit: So maybe it is a change in BCEG changes and not BID. So we will see what Rhagelstrom finds.
    Last edited by nephranka; July 5th, 2022 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Thank you for the fix. These two are playing nice together again!

I know this may be way out there, but could this extension also handle something like Emboldening Bond, from the Peace Cleric? It works almost exactly the same way mechanically, except that the character can use it once per turn, rather than once and done. You are supposed to see the die roll before you decide and I don't know of another extension that intercepts the roll like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I know this may be way out there, but could this extension also handle something like Emboldening Bond, from the Peace Cleric? It works almost exactly the same way mechanically, except that the character can use it once per turn, rather than once and done. You are supposed to see the die roll before you decide and I don't know of another extension that intercepts the roll like this.
    I just read the text of Emboldening Bond in Tasha, and I didn't see the stipulation, as you mention, that one must decide before seeing the d20 roll. Maybe your group plays with that caveat. Which is neither here nor there in practice. I believe just using the "Bardic Inspiration" mechanic provided by this extension will get the job done for you. (See instructions for use in post #2 of this thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I just read the text of Emboldening Bond in Tasha, and I didn't see the stipulation, as you mention, that one must decide before seeing the d20 roll. Maybe your group plays with that caveat. Which is neither here nor there in practice. I believe just using the "Bardic Inspiration" mechanic provided by this extension will get the job done for you. (See instructions for use in post #2 of this thread.)
    I may have worded it poorly. The player gets to decide after seeing the roll TOTAL, which is similar to Bardic Inspiration. I'm not 100% sure how this extension works. Can I simply change the roll dice to a 1d4 in the effect? This extension seemed specific to Bardic Inspiration, so I wasn't sure if it would work, but that would be awesome.

Edit: Doh! Reading everything thoroughly, it looks like there are no dice rolls involved. So it's all manual and the only caveat is that it would say "Bardic Inspiration". Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought this would intercept the roll and give them a chance to add a dice. I think I can accomplish what I want with the user simply not targeting then adding a modifier and dragging the total to the target. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by wframe; July 29th, 2022 at 16:28.

Quick question: for those of us using Hero Points, is there any way to add an additional conditional for an effect called "Hero Points" so that the party can be reminded that they may want to use a point before the result has been revealed?

Popped up in my game a few times. I haven't dug into it but it seems to happen with AoE sort of spells where someone saves success or on a concentration check
    Code:
    9/26/2022 6:55:43 PM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "scripts/BID_manager_actions.lua"]:360: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)

Thread Information