STAR TREK 2d20

Creating numerous NPCs I can edit/personalize

Hello all.
    Our group is about to embark upon a city adventure and I am trying to think about the most efficient way to create a number of stat block NPCs to populate the town. For starters we will need about 25 of them.

I suppose I could go through the NPC button, filter for humanoid and CR level and make them one at a time as needed. But they are read only so I cannot edit for names or other interesting tweaks or perks

I could make 25 PC characters to add or take away from the party. This is a little appealing however it would fill up the Character selection area with numerous unwanted toons while I search for the one I need. I guess that is a small price to pay but a little time consuming.

I could use the nifty Engineer suite which I was supporting via patreon. Does anyone have experience creating a raft of NPCs and populating a module with it ?

Does anyone know of a module or faster way to generate them ? I would consider paying for such a project.

Ideally I'd like to have an open module, click a button and have a stat block I can unlock and edit ready. Does such a thing exist ?

How would you go about creating numerous NPCs many of whom will be for 1 use only ?

Thanks so much in advance

ps I hope that is clear enough. Sometimes trying to write something down is not as easy as talking about it
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Click and drag on the NPC and then drop it on the list - this will create a copy you can edit.

Edit: Nearly forgot - if you are looking to generate random NPCs, there's https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/random/#type=npc (other random NPC generators may be available).
    Last edited by humby; September 22nd, 2020 at 14:10. Reason: Add NPC Generator

Blog Entries
    More simple, make an encounter that you link to in the story for each location/npc. Then in the encounter, you can just add the default commoner/bandit/thug/wizard to it and change the name to what you want. It will get added to the CT with the modified name as well, and you can even change the token in the encounter too, if you want. Then you don't end up with an NPC list with lots of duplicates that have unique names and it can all be exported in a module too (I hope you are doing all this work in a development campaign).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information