Starfinder Playlist

Exported a module and some encounters are missing

I have a module that I exported, but it is missing some of the encounters. If I unzip and look at the db.xml, the missing ones are in the file. Any idea as to what is going on?
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 22nd, 2020 at 08:59.

I've removed the attachment for copy-write reasons.

I don't know the answer; and you don't say what is missing so it's hard to come to any conclusions. I did notice that the encounters were called 'Battles' in the library list instead of 'Encounters'. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I assume you are using the Author extension to create the reference manual - so that may have an impact as well. I can't think of any reason why encounters shouldn't export provided that they exist in the encounters list and you selected encounters or All when you exported.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I did notice that the encounters were called 'Battles' in the library list instead of 'Encounters'.
    This is correct. Way back when FG was created, stories were called "Encounters" and stored in the FG database with that name. So, when "encounters" (creature lists with token placement) were added to FG they had to use a different name, and that name is "battle".

I'm guessing the missing encounters could berecords that are already in a module and not in the campaign database.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, was really late when I posted this. Yes, they are under battles not encounters. In the database there is a battle for "rang krigga round 1" and a "rang krigga round 2". The round 2 (and 4, 5 and 6) show in battles n but the round 1 one doesn't. The are a couple of others with the same issue.

The battles are in the db and look the same as the ones that do show up, but they aren't available in Fantasy Grounds.

I'll try exploring without the author extension. But this is the first of over 20 modules I've had any issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by kmalsom View Post
    Sorry, was really late when I posted this. Yes, they are under battles not encounters. In the database there is a battle for "rang krigga round 1" and a "rang krigga round 2". The round 2 (and 4, 5 and 6) show in battles n but the round 1 one doesn't. The are a couple of others with the same issue.

The battles are in the db and look the same as the ones that do show up, but they aren't available in Fantasy Grounds.
    To clarify - are you saying that the encounters appear in the "battle" section of the exported module database (db.xml file)? Or when you say "database" are you referring to the base campaign database. If you're seeing them in the module db.xml file, please attach the file so we can check.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is correct. Way back when FG was created, stories were called "Encounters" and stored in the FG database with that name. So, when "encounters" (creature lists with token placement) were added to FG they had to use a different name, and that name is "battle".

I'm guessing the missing encounters could berecords that are already in a module and not in the campaign database.
    Sorry, I removed the module. In the actual module (not the db.xml) the encounters were called 'Battles' which I have never seen before. I appreciate that the terminology in the .xml is different but I can't see why they would be called that in the Library list in the module.

I'm attaching the module again here.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 22nd, 2020 at 15:09.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by kmalsom View Post

Looking in the module I can see Rang Krigga Round 1, etc.. See below - "Encounters" is accessed from the sidebar button, "Battles" is accessed from the Library entry for the module.

So not sure what's actually missing here?

Attached Images Attached Images

It appears to be a problem with my campaign. If I create a new campaign they are all available just like Trenloe's post above. In the campaign I've been running all my AL games in, Encounter - The Rang Krigga, Encounter - The Rang Krigga (Weak), Encounter - The Rang Krigga (Very Weak) and The Rang Krigga - Round 1 are all missing. I didn't originally think of creating a new campaign. I appreciate your help in the matter. I'll have to just migrate the characters over to a new campaign (been running this campaign for 6 months, so maybe the campaign is just reaching its limit.)

I tried unloading all other modules and removing extensions.

Zacchaeus and Trenloe, I really appreciate your help with this.

Thread Information