STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 48 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rennyo View Post
    The extension is unusable for pathfinder 2 system. Inventory tab ruins all nps tabs. It could be bug in core rules or PF2. It can be easily fixed such way, see my post:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post677862
    So this fix could be added to extension to make it usable for PF2RPG system.
    The reason everything everywhere in this extensions states its supported in 5E is because that is all it IS supported in. Granted in my younger naïve days when I thought all rulesets respected the CoreRPG to give a common thread across all rulesets - I thought it could easily be supported. Unfortunately, that was naïve as all of the rulesets pretty much go off in their own direction without a care for keeping any commonality between rulesets. The extension still has some of those other rulesets listed due to this legacy of naivete, but in every post statement and everything else you can find you will see I only play 5E so I only support 5E. I do guard things in the code to be 5E only because of this foolish legacy - but that is no guarantee - as you've seen - that some ruleset won't still diverge even further to break things.

Recently I even had to remove something similar to what you say should be added because it broke 5E compatible stuff. So if you wish to modify map parcel for your own uses in pf2 - feel free. But I will not be chasing that boondoggle and trying to keep up with changes in something I do not support and do not use. Especially, if the change is not understood - as clearly the one you are asking for is not.

Still, no issue for you to change that and modify things so they work in your world. Which for now, given the nebulous change your asking for - is what you will have to do.

Keep in mind tabs are very finicky and if you don't play nice with them they will be rendered incompatible with anyone else. NEVER hardcode any tab number for sure. That goes for rulesets and extensions.

Here is what I see in PFRPG2... nothing explodes and I have no idea if that is right or wrong - but that's all I do to support that unsupported stuff - make sure it does not explode.

MPPFRPG2.png

And if that is not what your seeing - you have extension compatibility issues. I keep my stuff as generically compatible as possible - but as per warnings in page 1 and everywhere else - conflicts happen. EXTENSIONS = RISK. And this is only supported in 5E. I've debated ripping out all that legacy stuff that lets people put it in other rulesets - but I figure leave it in case they want to do their own things.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2023 at 13:52.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Here is what I see in PFRPG2... nothing explodes
    In PF2 every NPS should have Spells tab with spells from PF2 core. It goes second. In your picture Spell tab disappeared and replaced with Inventory tab. So it is not possible to cast spell from any NPS. Its should look like this:
    image.jpg
    without Parce tab(it is from extension too). I know that you does not support PF2 but information about this fix can be useful if anyone wants to use this extension with PF2, because I really like it even without full functionality.

In PF2 every NPS should have Spells tab with spells from PF2 core. It goes second. In your picture Spell tab disappeared and replaced with Inventory tab. So it is not possible to cast spell from any NPS. Its should look like this:
    image.jpg
    without Parce tab(it is from extension too). I know that you does not support PF2 but information about this fix can be useful if anyone wants to use this extension with PF2, because I really like it even without full functionality.
    Is PF2 doing something crazy like hardcoding tabs or something? It should just be adding them in like the other rulesets correct?

Literally this is all that is happening...
    Code:
    	<windowclass name="npc" merge="join">
    		<sheetdata>
    			<subwindow_record name="npc_inventory">
    				<class>charsheet_inventory</class>
    			</subwindow_record>

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs" merge="join">
    				<tab merge="add">
    					<icon>tab_inventory</icon>
    					<subwindow>npc_inventory</subwindow>
    				</tab>
    			</tabs_recordsheet>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    In no way shape or form should that interfere with anything.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2023 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Is PF2 doing something crazy like hardcoding tabs or something? It should just be adding them in like the other rulesets correct?

Literally this is all that is happening...
    Code:
    		<sheetdata>
    			</subwindow_record>

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs" merge="join">
    				<tab merge="add">
    					<icon>tab_inventory</icon>
    					<subwindow>npc_inventory</subwindow>
    				</tab>
    			</tabs_recordsheet>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    I see what nuts thing they are doing. Everything that declares tabs_recordsheet - names it so others can hook into it..

They did not...

<tabs_recordsheet>

Where everyone else has

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs">

There is literally no way to even hook into that without a name. So for sure this is unsupported unless they fix that.

Because I'm not willing to do something ungeneric - to support something I don't support.

Yes, but it does. So I think that it can be problem with ruleset code because this must work and it is working in 5E ruleset. If you add tab via addtab function everything is working. So fixing it for all rulesets possibly not a good idea

Yes, but it does. So I think that it can be problem with ruleset code because this must work and it is working in 5E ruleset. If you add tab via addtab function everything is working. So fixing it for all rulesets possibly not a good idea
    No - we can stop. They made their tabs in this ruleset unable to be hooked into. If you want just comment out the entire section I showed you so you don't get the inventory. If you want I can pull out the PFRPG2 extension.xml legacy listing so map parcels does not even let you hook in. But in no way shape or form am I bending over backwards to support something where the ruleset diverged from standard naming tab recordsheet practice. They want to diverge? Have at it. But I'm not going to try and follow it.

Yes, we should stop =) I fixed it for myself, and reported it as possible bug in ruleset thread.

Yes, we should stop =) I fixed it for myself, and reported it as possible bug in ruleset thread.
    As in fixed it yourself changed it to be <tabs_recordsheet name="tabs"> in the ruleset? Just curious. As I was guessing and it would be nice to know if I guessed correctly.

And just to be crystal clear...

Still unsupported
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2023 at 15:24.

Code:
    	<script>
    		function onInit()
         		tabs.addTab("npc_inventory", "tab_inventory", false);
        		super.onInit();
    		end
    	</script>
    		<sheetdata>
    			</subwindow_record>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    And we were right - it is was a problem with ruleset. It will be fixed after tomorrow update.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post677884
    Last edited by rennyo; February 13th, 2023 at 15:35. Reason: added result

V1.47 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

Thread Information