DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 47 First ... 313940414243 ... Last
    My map parcel FGU extension if giving me a DERECATED message. I have V1.9, but here says most recent is V1.40. Mine says Silent Ruin is creator (maybe I bought from GM Guild). Is there a way I can get this to update? If so do I have to worry about losing my map parcels?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloh View Post
    My map parcel FGU extension if giving me a DERECATED message. I have V1.9, but here says most recent is V1.40. Mine says Silent Ruin is creator (maybe I bought from GM Guild). Is there a way I can get this to update? If so do I have to worry about losing my map parcels?

Thanks.
    If you had V1.39 I'd say you were horrifically out of date. V1.9? Should not even work - as in for a long long time.

DMsG is always updated - you have to go in there and keep it up todate. If you have Forge it auto updates.

Anything less than latest version is essentially "unsupported garbage" IMHO. Keep it up to date. And don't do crazy stuff like unzip it in the extension directory as then FGU will always use unzipped files - or if DMsG renames the file (which it occasionally does of its own accord with no control of it from my end) then make sure you delete any old .ext versions of it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Ok that made me laugh. Thank you for answering me so quickly! I can access the parcels in V 1.9, but the players cannot add/take from them. Sounds like I need to get busy! The players have several items in map parcels in the town they made. If I were to go to DM guild and update, would they lose these? Maybe I should just take a picture of them to save them just in case. On second thought, screw it, I'm just going to take pictures of their crap and get the Forge version so it will auto update.

This helped me a lot (seriously, thank you)

You shouldn't lose anything in the parcel just from updating. If you got it from dmsguild, go to your library, look for updates (or look for map parcel) and download. Then replace the items in your extensions and modules folders with the latest stuff. I update from dmsguild before every session. I have updates literally on a weekly basis from various mods and extensions.

V1.41 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

This is probably 100% user error, but with the Map Parcels extension loaded, I can't add items via drag and drop to parcels that are linked to modules. Every thing seems to work fine if I create a parcel from scratch though.

Is this the intended behavior? It's not a big deal if I have to make a copy of module parcels so I can edit them, just wondering if this is the case, I haven't noticed it before.
    Map Parcel- Module Parcel vs New Parcel.png

Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    This is probably 100% user error, but with the Map Parcels extension loaded, I can't add items via drag and drop to parcels that are linked to modules. Every thing seems to work fine if I create a parcel from scratch though.

Is this the intended behavior? It's not a big deal if I have to make a copy of module parcels so I can edit them, just wondering if this is the case, I haven't noticed it before.
    Map Parcel- Module Parcel vs New Parcel.png
    As it states on page 1 - and in .txt file - and in posts in forum threads...

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As it states on page 1 - and in .txt file - and in posts in forum threads...

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.
    OK thanks for the explanation, somehow I didn't spot that interaction till now. My user's eyes jumped over that section of the first page when I tried to re-read it, my bad.

V1.42 - Bug - was not fully taking into account all modifiers for pick/break rolls. Fixed.

Thanks to Leprekorn for finding it - has been like this since it first came out.

V1.43 - Update - now support inventory tab in vehicles (just like in npcs).

Thread Information