STAR TREK 2d20
Page 39 of 48 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    Ok makes sense, to get that working with, for example, 8 bandits. The RL will scan for a random loot parcel with the same name 'bandit' and deposit the loot. Say one of the bandits has a key. I can either manually add the key or name the bandit something unique and have a unique RL parcel for that unique name? (I wouldn't just rename in CT, I would copy the NPC and rename it in NPCs).

Random loot Parcels works on conditions so as long as the table has the right conditions set up and is enabled then its good.

Just another question if you get the chance. When dragging an item to the RL parcel you have to rename the item first?

I can jump on with you if it's easier. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the RL parcel. You have RL tables which will populate the [MP] Loot parcel.
    Last edited by Leprekorn; March 18th, 2022 at 14:20.

Yes please I am on Discord now.

I love it when questions resolve themselves Plus I know nothing about other extensions.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

No worries all sorted now.

I just picked this extension up and I'm really liking what it's capable of! I seem to be running into an issue when testing as a player in a local client. When I move a parcel to a map it is automatically making the parcel a public item. When a player goes into the Parcel panel -- not via the map -- they can see the parcels available in the game. This is an issue because a player will know there are hidden walls/parcels in a particular dungeon if they are listed in the parcel panel. It's fine if I consciously tick these off, but when the campaign is reloaded all of the parcels are marked as public again. Visibility works as expected in the map, but it's an issue in the Parcel panel itself. Is this the expected behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGlow View Post
    I just picked this extension up and I'm really liking what it's capable of! I seem to be running into an issue when testing as a player in a local client. When I move a parcel to a map it is automatically making the parcel a public item. When a player goes into the Parcel panel -- not via the map -- they can see the parcels available in the game. This is an issue because a player will know there are hidden walls/parcels in a particular dungeon if they are listed in the parcel panel. It's fine if I consciously tick these off, but when the campaign is reloaded all of the parcels are marked as public again. Visibility works as expected in the map, but it's an issue in the Parcel panel itself. Is this the expected behavior?
    Yes, in FGU you can't have the clients getting access without it being public. And they cannot see anything in a parcel if its create as a locked parcel. All my parcels (that are not permanent player storage in campaign) are always set to locked. If I don't want them to "see the clickable token" I place a matching image in the map layer representing the parcel - and place the parcel over it setting the token invisible and unshared - then when they "find it" I turn the parcel visible and make it public manually and unlock it if its not a lockable item. If its a wagon or something they drag around with them for storage then its always placed and unlocked. Gist is - you do what you need to do - but that is the normal - only - behavior there is for it.

Personally if you have players using the parcel client button to sneak a peak then you have more issues than I do with mine. They are happy to play it out without looking so I can simply preplace all my parcels as I wish. And yes, the players can move them unless you make them not public yourself. Which defeats the purpose of a map parcel within the constraints of how FGU can allow them to work.

Don't get me started on bag of holding map parcels (you can read up on that inside this thread if you want on your own). Gist is - its a tool - you do what your imagination allows you to do with it. Within the constraints of FGU and the tool itself.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 20th, 2022 at 16:00.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

That all makes perfect sense to me, and thanks for the additional explanation! I really love what this extension does regardless of visibility in the Parcel panel and that's more of a quirk with poor player behavior. Thanks again!

Thread Information