DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 48 First ... 283637383940 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by CassMerry View Post
    Hey, just trying to work out why an oddity is happening, but I know I'm using the extension on an unsupported ruleset so totally understand if you don't want to comment or anything.

So I'm running the extension in savage worlds adventurers edition, mostly works great, but has a very odd bug where when dragging a parcel into a character's inventory, the parcel logs in the chat box as being added twice, the items only get added once as they should, but the currency is added twice. This is mainly annoying in conjunction with shops becuase it means all prices are effectively doubled.

I'm happy doing some tinkering to try and try and find some workaround or way to amke things work right, but if you have any vagues ideas on why that might happen or what section of the extension I should be looking at to try and fix it, that'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    No idea why that is happening as I don't use savage worlds. For sure the reason I don't actively support anything but 5E (the only thing I personally use) is because the rulesets don't conform to the common CoreRPG ruleset and pretty much just do their own things with no consistency between them. I suspect this is yet one more difference. Probably something in that ruleset is triggering something 5E does not and causes the issue. Or another extension.

Either way it works in 5E so you'll have to tinker, the code is not encrypted so you should be able to do what you want with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    No idea why that is happening as I don't use savage worlds. For sure the reason I don't actively support anything but 5E (the only thing I personally use) is because the rulesets don't conform to the common CoreRPG ruleset and pretty much just do their own things with no consistency between them. I suspect this is yet one more difference. Probably something in that ruleset is triggering something 5E does not and causes the issue. Or another extension.

Either way it works in 5E so you'll have to tinker, the code is not encrypted so you should be able to do what you want with it.
    Yeah, I thought that was probably the case but thanks! I'll do some tinkering and let you know if I end up figuring something out

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to get the Map Parcel extension to drop specific loot for specific NPCs in an encounter. For example, if I have 8 goblins fighting the PC, some may have short bows and daggers, some short swords, some may have some copper, one may have a key. The only way I can see for the [MP] Loot template to work is to first load the encounter to the CT and then add the loot to the individuals on the CT.

This obviously means when there is an encounter you must add all the items to the individuals which I would prefer to do in prep time. I would like to set up all the inventories of the NPCs in the encounters section before adding them to the CT.

Is this possible? And as a side-question, can you combine this with NPC Random Loot extension?

Thanks for the awesome product SilentRuin!

Yes you can combine it with this extension
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...%20and%20items.

I do it myself and it will fill the NPCs on the CT inventory for you enabling SR ext to do the drop. You just need to set up random loot drop correctly to work with it.

TY. I do have this mod I am just struggling to understand how to use it. Will continue to fiddle. Thanks, I am glad I am on the right path.

What settings do you have for the RL? Also do you have tables set up to roll on?

Thanks for the help. Here are snapshots of my current settings. Do I need to make templates? [MP] Loot and [MP] Drop?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Mp loot
    Are you on discord I might be able to jump on with you and see if I can help

No sorry, still at work. I can make it work, i.e. create a randomised loot box for entities in the encounter. So I end up with a Randomised loot parcel (see attached image). How do I get that Loot Parcel to attach to the individuals and not create a loot parcel for the entire encounter.

The problem is that some of the NPCs will carry different loot. From the way FGU works I think it is not possible to prepare and attach the loot to individuals until they are in the combat tracker. I think the best way is to make a 'generic' random loot parcel for the average NPC, and then one or two 'special' loot parcels for the individuals carrying the special items. What do you think?

So once you have the NPCs added to the CT change the option at the top to All from dead and then click the loot button, provided you have the random loot table set up correctly then Random loot ext will sweep the npc details and deposit weapon and armor then refer to the enabled loot tables and roll on them depending on if the right conditions are met. It will then populate each npc accordingly and the items will appear in their inventories. Then once a npc is killed /knocked unconscious as long as you have the, MPLoot parcel set up with a token it will auto drop on the map.

Thread Information