FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 34 of 47 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well if you want to give your players the CT host view (on the client) then Assistant GM is another piece of the puzzle
    Already purchased it.
    Now they are controlling 75 % of the battle.
    My life as a GM just became lazier!

Hello
    Probably a newbie to this coding stuff but here goes: All done on a battle map.
    I made the [MP] LOOT and attached to a orc. Put through combat on CT. dies, makes [LOOT] Orc/ with loot bag drop. Tried with second orc, kill it in CT. Won't drop another loot bag on to the map. Tried multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    Hello
    Probably a newbie to this coding stuff but here goes: All done on a battle map.
    I made the [MP] LOOT and attached to a orc. Put through combat on CT. dies, makes [LOOT] Orc/ with loot bag drop. Tried with second orc, kill it in CT. Won't drop another loot bag on to the map. Tried multiple times.
    No idea what "attached to a orc" is supposed to mean. Here is how it works. If you have "[MP] LOOT" template parcel created it will use that for everything. If you have an "Orc 1" then it will drop "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel with the inventory of whatever is in your template (usually nothing) and the inventory of the thing that died. If you did not remove the "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel when done with it then if you brought "Orc 1" back to life and then killed it again - it would see "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel already created and would not do anything.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Now lets say you do something crazy. And name everything in your combat tracker with the same name, "RALPH", "RALPH", and "RALPH" - totally confusing but who knows maybe they all have the same name. In that case, there is nothing unique to distinguish the loot parcel from any of them and after the first "RALPH" drops dead - then the "[LOOT] RALPH" is created - and the other "RALPH"'s drop dead - they create nothing - as you know - crazy names are all the same.

But as nobody is going to confuse everyone by naming things the same - that is usually not a problem. The FGU option for NPC's will even insure you don't accidently do that by assigning unique names to them.

So unless you are trying to name everything "Orc" you should not be having a problem.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    No idea what "attached to a orc" is supposed to mean. Here is how it works. If you have "[MP] LOOT" template parcel created it will use that for everything. If you have an "Orc 1" then it will drop "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel with the inventory of whatever is in your template (usually nothing) and the inventory of the thing that died. If you did not remove the "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel when done with it then if you brought "Orc 1" back to life and then killed it again - it would see "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel already created and would not do anything.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Now lets say you do something crazy. And name everything in your combat tracker with the same name, "RALPH", "RALPH", and "RALPH" - totally confusing but who knows maybe they all have the same name. In that case, there is nothing unique to distinguish the loot parcel from any of them and after the first "RALPH" drops dead - then the "[LOOT] RALPH" is created - and the other "RALPH"'s drop dead - they create nothing - as you know - crazy names are all the same.

But as nobody is going to confuse everyone by naming things the same - that is usually not a problem. The FGU option for NPC's will even insure you don't accidently do that by assigning unique names to them.

So unless you are trying to name everything "Orc" you should not be having a problem.
    Ty for the reply. I am really new to this, I have to go in and change all the generic orcs in each room, Forge Of Fury, all have generic names, ty for making it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    Ty for the reply. I am really new to this, I have to go in and change all the generic orcs in each room, Forge Of Fury, all have generic names, ty for making it clear.
    Just use the FGU option to set NPC names unique - then when you drop them in it will do it for you.

Hmm... no matter what I do I can't seem to get the loot icon to pop up on the map when either an NPC or a PC dies... I have toggled the options every which way... They all have inventories... I am not sure what I am missing here. Is this known to be incompatible with anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Hmm... no matter what I do I can't seem to get the loot icon to pop up on the map when either an NPC or a PC dies... I have toggled the options every which way... They all have inventories... I am not sure what I am missing here. Is this known to be incompatible with anything else?
    Did you make a loot parcel called [MP] LOOT?

Page 1 has the version info and even a warning about what people forget to do with loot (.txt file has complete version info as not all of it can always fit in page 1 of my extension pages).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Did you make a loot parcel called [MP] LOOT?
    Yes, I did that. I read page 1 here top to bottom, and also read the entire .txt file with the instructions as well. I have a parcel template named [MP] LOOT, I have a PC and an NPC on the combat tracker, as well as on a map. I have placed items in both inventories (both manually, and using a dropped parcel- just to check both ways if it made a difference). I have the correct options turned on in the options window, and when the characters die no loot parcel is generated.

EDIT: It was the part where [MP] LOOT parcel NEEDS to have a token assigned to it other than the token that is there when it's created that I missed! I only caught that after a 3rd watch of the video in post #1! Easy detail to miss! Works now I think (only tested once, but BOOM there's the parcel of the NPC on death!)
    Last edited by JimSocks; August 3rd, 2021 at 22:40.

Yes, I did that. I read page 1 here top to bottom, and also read the entire .txt file with the instructions as well. I have a parcel template named [MP] LOOT, I have a PC and an NPC on the combat tracker, as well as on a map. I have placed items in both inventories (both manually, and using a dropped parcel- just to check both ways if it made a difference). I have the correct options turned on in the options window, and when the characters die no loot parcel is generated.

EDIT: It was the part where [MP] LOOT parcel NEEDS to have a token assigned to it other than the token that is there when it's created that I missed! I only caught that after a 3rd watch of the video in post #1! Easy detail to miss! Works now I think (only tested once, but BOOM there's the parcel of the NPC on death!)
    Yep I'd set the don't drop on empty option also - its a pain in the butt when you have some fireball nut kill 20 things and they all drop an empty loot bag

Thread Information