FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 48 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    There is ONLY one copy of MapParcel.ext - what DMsG names the silly thing is up to them and nothing to do with me.

You should only ever have one version in your extensions directory and I name mine MapParcel.ext - current version when you come up is 1.22 - anything else and that is not correct.

Dragging the Map Parcel sheet token (providing you have a token dropped in there) works just fine.

The transfer (by default) and copy button works just fine also.

Really you will need to understand from past posts and descriptions how these things work before you try them. I suspect you didn't bother to put an asset token into your map parcel sheet tokenfield - and that you didn't test the transfer/copy by having whatever state set then trying to drag an item or link to something else and seeing if it got removed (transfer) or left there (copy).

I tested all these things after you said they did not work - and they worked fine.
    Take a look at my last edited version, it has some of the causes. We were working at this at the same time. It has additional test results as well. Somehow, as soon as I post, my mind thinks of the next thing to test, and/or a possible cause. That's why the multiple edits.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 9th, 2021 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Take a look at my last edited version, it has some of the causes. We were working at this at the same time. It has additional test results as well. Somehow, as soon as I post, my mind thinks of the next thing to test, and/or a possible cause. That's why the multiple edits.
    Still all works fine. The button press up/down are CoreRPG buttons - if a theme does not show the difference that is on the theme not on me. It still works - look at tool tip if you need to remembering that FGU will not update a tooltip till you move mouse off and then back onto the tooltipped item.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    The filename from the DMSguild download changed ...
    Yeah, DMsGuild likes to do that. I just change the name back before moving it to the extension/module folder.

V1.23 - Undo a Workaround - FGU was fixed for the problem of stomping a unique item in charsheet inventory to 1 when first time in it - so I have to undo my workaround. Fixed.

Those pesky SW devs fixed what I wanted them to fix and so I had to disable my work around for it.

Good one on the tooltip, didn't know that. I don't mind the color not changing, it's good to know the behavior of things can differ between themes. Would have thought I'd be save with an "official" theme.

DMSguild has now started to add numbers to the bulk downloads Grrr, untidy it is.

Thanks for fixing the edge cases in dragging and dropping. It makes my players more self reliant.

Tested the latest version: I can take items from parcel's again. /cheer
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 10th, 2021 at 13:51.

Does this extension enable player to put things into parcels themselves (instead of having the GM do it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Does this extension enable player to put things into parcels themselves (instead of having the GM do it)?
    Yes.

If you are going to read the following as insulting - I suggest you stop here - as its not intended to be - but I really don't know how to express my concern without actually... expressing it.

I see a pebble on the edge of a cliff, which if I do not dislodge it carefully will cause an avalanche of questions. This forum thread (same with my other extensions forum threads) is where I keep people up to date with functionality/fixes that I add into my extension. My videos are hopelessly out of date because of the fact I write these extension for me, and am adding in stuff all the time when I want it in one place or another.

The answer to your question is "yes". But its such a fundamental basic question that is answered in the out of date video, the first few sentences of DMsG, first few sentences of page 1 of this forum thread, and the .txt file of page one - that it makes me want to recommend that if you don't research an extension your going to buy - you absolutely should not buy it. Especially, mine, as they get updated all the time.

Had you asked about some finer point of NPC inventories, or adding weapons or armor to an NPC, or any of the other myriad of functionality old and new that might be buried in the text or video - I could have understood it. But you asked the most basic question possible, which leads me to believe this would be the first of an avalanche of questions because you do not want to do the basic research on this. Which is fine, I'd just prefer to avoid that avalanche.

So if you still want this extension, or any of my others, you'll have to be willing to do the research to keep up to date with things that change in them. If your not willing to do that, then IMHO this famous quote applies...

"These are not the extensions your looking for"... followed by me waving my fingers

Thanks for the concise answer. I asked because of the following forum discussion and my direct answer to it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post586828

Would I need such functionality, as discussed in the linked thread, then the one "yes" answer would all I need to know to buy the extension. Since I only play adventures bought in the shop I usually have no need for any kind of extra parcel functionality, so even the most basic one could help workaround these kind of "inventory" restrictions of FGU.

As a result to your answer I will now suggest the other thread to have a look at your extension.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 14th, 2021 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Thanks for the concise answer. I asked because of the following forum discussion and my direct answer to it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post586828

Would I need such functionality, as discussed in the linked thread, then the one "yes" answer would all I need to know to buy the extension. Since I only play adventures bought in the shop I usually have no need for any kind of extra parcel functionality, so even the most basic one could help workaround these kind of "inventory" restrictions of FGU.

As a result to your answer I will now suggest the other thread to have a look at your extension.
    Try to warn you off risking buying a paid extension and not only do you want it but recommend it? I am the worst debater ever

Whoever is interested in this functionality can make up their own mind. Once I feel that our own parties' inventories get filled up too much I may consider this solution myself. Another solution would be to create a "mule" PC to move stuff to, but that's less convenient than using your extension.

Thread Information