DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 47 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Ahh ok I get it now lol :P

But what do you think are the main benefits? It looks cool organisational wise, and also the LockPick and StrengthCheck you can make look awesome to me.

So If I share a normal parcel my players would not be able to drag stuff out of it even though I shared it with them, but with yours they would?

So makes it like easy access for them they don't have to go to the party sheet, but can directly interact with the parcel?
    For me?

I can have a variety of chests on the map at some Inn where the characters base is and they can put things in and take things out that are persistent for the campaign.
    I can have a hollow tree trunk token out in the woods filled with loot that can be taken or placed back in for storage.
    I don't have to EVER track a parcel as part of a story because it will be part of the map and I'm essentially a lazy DM and this was my primary driver for writing this.
    When I customize an NPC I don't have to keyin or cut and paste a weapon or armor or any other item, I can just unlock the NPC editor and drop the item straight on the sheet and it will be ready to use AND in the NPC's inventory (which of course means it can be dragged in and out of things like map parcels other characters other NPCs).

With polymorphism and this I can have my players have pack animals or NPC carts, all with their own inventory so that things are properly tracked and you have it or you don't. Storing things in map parcels at home base that don't fit on the pack animals - which of course means I DON'T HAVE TO TRACK ANY OF IT AS DM....

Lazy DM - completion

I'm sure there are other things other people can think of with just the raw mechanics I'm providing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Dude that is amazing, I totally get it now!!!!

Yes so the parcel is on the map and players can click on it whereas in other cases the DM would have to share it with players!!!

Thats so cool!!!

You should put that.. in nutshell description on your first page and dmsguild

You should put that.. in nutshell description on your first page and dmsguild
    Meh - I have something similar deep down in it. I'm not much of a seller - I put enough effort into just getting it to work. If people can't get its use - its not a problem with me if they don't want to get it. Like polymorphism - tis only for use by the select few

Ahh NPC carts.. mmh so its like straight on the map for the players easy access to all their loot you mean?

Thats why players like to use NPC carts?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Meh - I have something similar deep down in it. I'm not much of a seller - I put enough effort into just getting it to work. If people can't get its use - its not a problem with me if they don't want to get it. Like polymorphism - tis only for use by the select few
    Haha, yes I get it, but its just you have really long explanation, and I just want to know why I need this like you explained.
    Then I'm encouraged to read and watch the vid you see

Ahh NPC carts.. mmh so its like straight on the map for the players easy access to all their loot you mean?

Thats why players like to use NPC carts?
    Was just tossing stuff out for use. Like in DMsG where I state I'd make an NPC trap placed in combat tracker (for targeting purposes) and on the map invisible - then place my map parcel on top of it. Then I have a trap, a lock, and stuff all in one. Gist is - people have to figure out uses for themselves - my primary goal was that my players had asked me how they could get a mule to carry their stuff. Takes a lot to actually do that without me getting involved - and I'm lazy. Hence this extension. But I'm sure there are other uses people can come up with.

Haha, yes I get it, but its just you have really long explanation, and I just want to know why I need this like you explained.
    Then I'm encouraged to read and watch the vid you see
    Nobody needs it. It's just something handy if your lazy like me. People can live without any extensions just fine - they are an optional convenience. Which as a DM - make my life simpler. And I'm all for that.

Ok.. I never understood how NPC traps worked.. I know I can put them in the combat tracker. But I as DM have to target the players then? Or are the players targeted by clicking on the trap?

Sorry I just don't understand how traps work :P

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Was just tossing stuff out for use. Like in DMsG where I state I'd make an NPC trap placed in combat tracker (for targeting purposes) and on the map invisible - then place my map parcel on top of it. Then I have a trap, a lock, and stuff all in one. Gist is - people have to figure out uses for themselves - my primary goal was that my players had asked me how they could get a mule to carry their stuff. Takes a lot to actually do that without me getting involved - and I'm lazy. Hence this extension. But I'm sure there are other uses people can come up with.
    Is there an example in the vid how you make these traps ?

Ahh I found a bit more explanation on DMSguild.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 21st, 2020 at 20:49.

Thread Information