DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 48 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Minor typo on exit causing harmless error - not worth a version number update. DMsG was updated with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Loot Capability Tips:

• Empty map parcels can be created if you don't have anything in your template or inventory. Just drag the parcel sheets link into a PC/NPC and it will transfer all (which is nothing) and delete it - or manually delete it.
    • You can turn on/off this capability in options during play if you don't always want it generating map parcels for the dead.
    • "[MP] LOOT" if present as a map parcel name (used as template) will insure anything that dies transfers their inventory into a copy of that map parcel with the name "[LOOT] <CT name>". It will not generate one if it already finds one in the parcel list with the same name. If your like me you have things go dead that have to be corrected. Just open the parcel and drag its link into the NPC/PC inventory and everything will be transfered back in then you can set their wounds back to a non dead status. If your smart, and do your template like me, you will have the delete on empty button to insure the parcel is deleted when it is transfered to an NPC/PC inventory. That also makes it go away when players transfer it completely into their inventories. If anything not picked up you can just manually delete the loot parcel in parcel list (handy to have a filter of "loot"). Or transfer it to Party sheet with the button and drag the empty loot parcel into a PC/NPC inventory so it deletes on its own. But I'm not a fan of a magic party sheet carrying stuff so make sure anything they want is on the PC's or their beasts of burden NPC's inventory. The other "[MP] LOOT <CT type>" and "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" must match exactly full text case sensitive of what is in PC/NPC sheet/CT DB. I see using these if you want different tokens dropping for different creatures (like a stomach instead of a bag - or a body etc.). I personally make all my loot parcel templates empty, set unlocked parcel button to active, and set delete on empty transfer to PC/NPC to active. Also I'm lazy and will probably only use the one global template.
    • Don't forget you can generate parcels with tables. Then simply drag that parcel into an NPC you make a copy of in NPC lists so that you can have the NPC pre populated inventory ready to go in an encounter or directly into the CT. Or drag the table generated parcel directly into specific loot template, etc.
    • In the end, don't care how you use this feature. I'm going to use it my way, you can use it yours. Or just leave it OFF. Come up with something new. Then share
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 27th, 2021 at 15:13.

Thinking out loud here - not saying I will do this - but in case anyone else does or I do in future I'm recording the thought here:

If I wanted to make code to generate a bunch of parcel templates based on the CT - I'd read all of CT (possibly taking into account some combat groups stuff or not) then generate a "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" for each CT entry so when it died it would get that stuff. I'd have the Unlock Button set to active and the delete on empty transfer to PC/NPC button set to active with whatever random junk the tables for that NPC would generate per the PHB or whatever - plus a token (required). Then I'd supply function overrides to delete those specific loot parcel templates when the CT entry was removed. That's how I would implement it if I ever did something in Map Parcels like that. No changes on current code required.

But as that has DATA aspects which I'm allergic too likely I won't do this unless I get truly bored. Plus what tables to auto run to generate the loot parcel templates and the token chosen to put in them would be DATA bleh stuff also.

[edit] Actually scratch making the template - I'd just copy the current "[MP] LOOT" template and use that with a new name.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 27th, 2021 at 17:33.

My Loot Bags are Huge. How do you make the Bag Token image smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    My Loot Bags are Huge. How do you make the Bag Token image smaller?
    I don't have control of what size token you use for your map parcel. Pick a smaller one like I did. If you just use map parcel like normal and drop it on the map - that will likely be its size. I don't size the token - I just place what you've dropped in map parcel token field that you plan to represent that map token. Nothing to do with "loot" functionality at all.

You are placing that map token on the map. I chose its center as the bottom right because I wanted it there. No other reason.

Oh, I know what to do. I scaled the whole image in photoshop but what needs to be done is the canvas size stays the same and the image needs to be scaled down.

Last edited by kevininrussia; February 28th, 2021 at 00:36.

Oh, I know what to do. I scaled the whole image in photoshop but what needs to be done is the canvas size stays the same and the image needs to be scaled down.
    Need? Maybe for what you want. Not for what I want. I want the true token size so whatever I place in the map parcel is to scale of the token provided. I don't want to have to back calculate some magic fudge factor to make my map parcel a certain unreal scaled size to compensate for this doing some arbitrary auto scaling.

No, Map Parcel token is placed with Map Parcel token you provide for greatest flexibly of use for how I use it. Which is for more than just loot. I suppose I could of set the point in the dead center so that if I chose a body it would be right there. But I did not want any mistake about their still being an NPC/PC token there. Because unlike most - when my things go dead dead - there is sometimes a mistake made and I have to put everything back in and bring them back to life. So I want the map parcel and the PC token still there - just a bit offset.

I didn't say anything about it being dead center. Its location as you have it is fine. I was talking about the image size and I forgot that I need to scale the image in Photoshop but keep the Canvas the same size. Has noting to do with your code. It is working as it should with the token placement.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; February 28th, 2021 at 01:23.

I didn't say anything about it being dead center. Its location as you have it is fine. I was talking about the image size and I forget that I need to scale the image in Photoshop but keep the Canvas the same size. Has noting to do with your code. It is working as it should with the token placement.
    Let me start over. This is designed to drop a Map Parcel. So that when I clear the Dead CT entry it's still there. A map parcel. Clickable from now to the end of the campaign if necessary. It is not some widget representing loot. It is a true object placed in the map permanently or until they empty it. And that only if I choose to set my [MP] LOOT base/type/name to delete on empty. I may have it where the critter turns into a stone version of itself like the dragonlance critters.

You are thinking this is something else. It's not. Its an all purpose way to drop a full map parcel when something dies. And I have room to do all sorts of cool things because of it. I would have placed it dead center but I wanted an offset so until I deleted the Dead CT - which might be immediately - or may be never - it would still be there. Maximum flexibility for me to do stuff. I might even make it rolling stone that I move off down a slope if I want. Who knows.

I get you wanted a little widget sized thing that was miniaturized off of the base on the scale of the actual NPC/PC token. But that would make it difficult if I chose to turn the critter into a giant pillar of salt - it would look pretty puny now wouldn't it?

Point being. This is not what you think it is. Yes, it can be used for what you think it is - but that is not its limit. Hence, the token you use is the token that gets put out there. I will not lose my flexibility. Sorry.

Dude, I don't know what you are going off on. I said everything is working as it should. I will make it clear again. The issue was me scaling the image in PHOTOSHOP. It has nothing to do with your CODE.

Thread Information