DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 48 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by absente View Post
    I'm seeing this in the console log after updating FGU:

[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_death_indicator.lua"]:1242: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    Why are you posting this here? Basically you need to update all extensions of mine you own. That error is from death indicators which happens to be one I maintain also. Any extension not mine you will have to disable if you get errors for till author fixes them.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I purchased this extension and it shows there is D&D 4E support so I thought I would post this error I am getting.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a Parcel
    2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I purchased this extension and it shows there is D&D 4E support so I thought I would post this error I am getting.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a Parcel
    2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:
    I have never played it only run a test 4E campaign to see if it worked when I first wrote it. I just ran that and it did error on the onClose() when I remove the handler I had added in for it. I'll take a look.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a Parcel
    2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:
    Basically, 4E has been rewritten to do some money stuff since I wrote this. It's basically got a new handler and clears it on close - which of course I don't have. Let me see what I can do ( I knew I should not have supported stuff outside of 5E )

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open a Parcel
    2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:
    New version in DMsG.
    V1.11 - Was not calling super.onInit() for my override which could cause issues in some things.

Was my young and foolish lua stage of learning - should always call the original onInit() - just in case. Regardless of extension or ruleset. Hopefully this works and does not mess up anything else - I need to test myself - give it a try and let me know.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 17th, 2021 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Why are you posting this here? Basically you need to update all extensions of mine you own. That error is from death indicators which happens to be one I maintain also. Any extension not mine you will have to disable if you get errors for till author fixes them.
    Ha! My mistake, was a late night, this was supposed to go in the forum for that extension. =)

Some discord explanations I've had to go through I may as well do here:

Some people expect the video to contain everything. It does not. I write these things for ME and when I need some new functionality or something I drop them in the relevant extension and I don't like a lot of extensions.
    If you want to keep track of my extensions or changes to them - then you need to track the FG forums page for it and the .txt file I put in there for details (to much to put in one page).

For example - if you were not paying attention to new versions and the text within them you probably missed this (just one example I'm not reviewing them all in all my extensions)..

Map Parcel
    V1.2 - Added ability to MOVE entire contents of charsheet/npc inventory over to partysheet inventory or parcel inventory. Only the host can do this and it is dragging the combat tracker link or sheet link over to the partysheet or parcel inventories. THIS IS A MOVE so do not use this unless you mean to have everything in the inventory shifted OUT of that charsheet/npc sheet. I plan to use this when a character or NPC is dead and I want to distribute their inventories in a map parcel or the partysheet. It is a PAIN to move every item one by one back into charsheet/npc sheet if you mistakenly do this - so DON'T mistakenly do it.

That is in page 1 of this thread and of course in the .txt file.

Means you can drag the CT link of something into party sheet or parcel and it empties the inventory into it - but its a pain to get back if you make a mistake!

What does this mean? Use your imagination. For example...

For NPCs I can put their loot in their inventory. Usually make a copy of the NPC into some NPC button group list and fill it up with items - so I can drop that NPC directly into CT or into an encounter.
    Then when they die? I Drag the link into dead body token map parcel and drop it on map unlocked. Nowhere am I going to document this can be done. Or just leave it to party inventory to be divided up. Whatever.

Nor will I want the party to see my map parcel at times (because I don't want them to know there is something there), I stamp an image onto map that matches the token image of that map parcel.
    That way it does not stand out as - look its a token! Must be something I can do something with! No I want it secret and only there if they bother to look. Like a pile of cloth in the background image. Then I can simply drop the map parcel on it when they search it. OR I could pre place it and right mouse the token to make it invisible and just make it visible when they search the pile of cloths.

Point being - I'm not going to TELL you any of this stuff. Or the stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. I'll just tell you what the extension can technically do. Its up to you what you do with the extension - imaginative - or not.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 19th, 2021 at 17:05.

V1.12 - Bugs in items where when doing a full transfer from NPC/PC sheet inventory by dragging sheet link or CT link into a parcel it would not copy all the items (only first one). Doing a transfer from parcel to NPC/PC sheet the coins would not be done properly nor would they be removed after the transfer. All fixed.

Honestly sometimes I think I'm the only one who uses this extension. Was always a problem - now fixed.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 26th, 2021 at 03:19.

MAJOR ENHANCEMENT

Turned off by default in options there is a new ability to create map parcels when you die. I'm beat - hopefully have not delivered something that breaks stuff - but will hear about it tomorrow I'm sure. This is a major enhancement described below.

LootExample.jpg

V1.13 - Fixed PC inventory transfers between parcels. Fixed map token for parcel to be deleted when parcel itself is deleted. Added new on/off button on parcel sheet to signal if the parcel is to be automatically deleted when link is moved into a PC/NPC inventory. Added ability to drop map parcel full of dead CT entry's inventory (transferred completely out of PC/NPC into loot parcel) and placed in map on the bottom right of their icon coords. In order for this to come into effect you must have the Map Parcel (GM) option provided set to ON (OFF is default) in options. You must have a loot parcel template parcel defined, which is just a normal parcel with a hardcoded name. When a CT PC/NPC in the map gets a status of Dead updated, it will search for the following parcel names (case sensitive exact) in your DB in this order of priority - "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" or "[MP] LOOT <CT type>" or "[MP] LOOT". It will then be copied completely (whatever it has defined will be in the new loot parcel), renamed to "[LOOT] <CT name>", placed in the map on the bottom right of your CT entry's token, and have all of the PC/NPC's inventory transferred into the new loot parcel. Now I only plan to have one template "[MP] LOOT" in a group named "Map Parcel Loot" so that whatever copies are made go in that group. I will always make my Loot template parcels with the Unlock Parcel button active and the new delete on transfer button active. You must have a token defined in your template also for use in the map. I don't plan to put anything in the template's inventory but I could and it would be copied in addition to the PC/NPC's inventory. Setting the template this way will make it appear when something dies a loot token (I put a bag) suddenly appears to players in bottom right of dead token and they can immediately double click and start swiping stuff - it will delete when it gets a full transfer done (even if nothing is in it).

Obviously I've not gone into a lot of details but I'm dead tired and will attempt to give a better description of what you can do with with this enhancement later.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 27th, 2021 at 06:18.

Thread Information