STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 47 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well I only have two criteria for new features...

1) Do I want it in my campaign? (I write these for me and only put them out there in case others want to use what I use)
    2) Will it take to much work? (I'm dead lazy - which is why I write these things - to enhance my laziness as a DM)
    Thanks so much for the addition - perfect. Also, methinks you mislead us with your 'dead lazy', comment. Anyone who develops elegant extensions like yours is not lazy!

One thing we noted was that players can remove items, but not add them to a parcel unless it is on the map. Do you have any plans to change this? As a work around, I set up a camp map last night where players did some item moving admin, and had much fun adding spurious items such as 'dirty socks' to each others storage chests. Would avoid needing to do this for them as another lazy GM...

Thanks for the earlier response - a fine extension!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    Thanks so much for the addition - perfect. Also, methinks you mislead us with your 'dead lazy', comment. Anyone who develops elegant extensions like yours is not lazy!

One thing we noted was that players can remove items, but not add them to a parcel unless it is on the map. Do you have any plans to change this? As a work around, I set up a camp map last night where players did some item moving admin, and had much fun adding spurious items such as 'dirty socks' to each others storage chests. Would avoid needing to do this for them as another lazy GM...

Thanks for the earlier response - a fine extension!
    I think you better read my comment about the “public parcel” being fixed. In other words, prove your public parcel can’t have something dropped in it if not in map
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I think you better read my comment about the “public parcel” being fixed. In other words, prove your public parcel can’t have something dropped in it if not in map
    I *think* we were using v1.9 last night. Just checking that I have the feature design right in my mind - players can only add things to a parcel if: 1) is is unlocked 2) it is on the current map. Next session I plan to test it being used in the marching order tab of the Party Sheet - has it been tested there by any chance - ie does that tab behave like a typical map?

Have a great weekend.

Tested this on a LAN game with second instance of FGU running and joined with 'localhost' and additions/removals both work fine. I think I answered my own question...

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    I *think* we were using v1.9 last night. Just checking that I have the feature design right in my mind - players can only add things to a parcel if: 1) is is unlocked 2) it is on the current map. Next session I plan to test it being used in the marching order tab of the Party Sheet - has it been tested there by any chance - ie does that tab behave like a typical map?

Have a great weekend.
    3) if it is public (which before V1.9 would not have worked) - as in you share the parcel to players (right mouse option in parcel list)

I've only tested this with 1.8 (which required the parcel to be on a map), but if you want something like a bag of holding that is only accessible by one player, you can do the following:

1. Find the desired Map Parcel in the Parcels list in Fantasy Grounds.
    2. Determine if the Parcel is shared to the Public or not (un-share said Parcel if it is shared Publicly)
    NOTE: At least with 1.8, placing this Parcel on a map will cause it to be shared Publicly. Keep this in mind if you need to move the parcel on a map or move to a different map as you may need to redo these steps thereafter to keep it private.
    3. Once the Parcel is no longer Publicly shared, with the player connected and having claimed their character, drag the Parcel to their portrait in the top left of the main Fantasy Grounds screen (not their character sheet, the portrait that shows when the player is connected).
    NOTE: Use the Fantasy Grounds "button" on the Parcel sheet, not the Token you have associated with the Parcel. This is Fantasy Grounds functionality that works to share other things like Images, Story, Notes, etc. with a single player.
    4. The Parcel in the Parcels list should now show an S on the far right. If you hover over it, it should now read "Shared With: <Fantasy Grounds Forum Name>".

In theory this should allow Players to have private parcels.

NOTE: If a player changes the user they have associated with Fantasy Grounds, the above steps will need to be repeated. The player not being able to access their character and the GM having to release said character so the player can reclaim should be a clue that this will need to be done.

NOTE: This "might" allow a parcel to be shared semi-privately with multiple people by repeating the above steps (minus clearing existing sharing) with another user, but I have not tested.

PS - I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if you could programmatically determine if somebody puts a Portable Hole inside a Bag of Holding (or similar parcels) and do something in chat (or worse).

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    I've only tested this with 1.8 (which required the parcel to be on a map), but if you want something like a bag of holding that is only accessible by one player, you can do the following:

1. Find the desired Map Parcel in the Parcels list in Fantasy Grounds.
    2. Determine if the Parcel is shared to the Public or not (un-share said Parcel if it is shared Publicly)
    NOTE: At least with 1.8, placing this Parcel on a map will cause it to be shared Publicly. Keep this in mind if you need to move the parcel on a map or move to a different map as you may need to redo these steps thereafter to keep it private.
    3. Once the Parcel is no longer Publicly shared, with the player connected and having claimed their character, drag the Parcel to their portrait in the top left of the main Fantasy Grounds screen (not their character sheet, the portrait that shows when the player is connected).
    NOTE: Use the Fantasy Grounds "button" on the Parcel sheet, not the Token you have associated with the Parcel. This is Fantasy Grounds functionality that works to share other things like Images, Story, Notes, etc. with a single player.
    4. The Parcel in the Parcels list should now show an S on the far right. If you hover over it, it should now read "Shared With: <Fantasy Grounds Forum Name>".

In theory this should allow Players to have private parcels.

NOTE: If a player changes the user they have associated with Fantasy Grounds, the above steps will need to be repeated. The player not being able to access their character and the GM having to release said character so the player can reclaim should be a clue that this will need to be done.

NOTE: This "might" allow a parcel to be shared semi-privately with multiple people by repeating the above steps (minus clearing existing sharing) with another user, but I have not tested.

PS - I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if you could programmatically determine if somebody puts a Portable Hole inside a Bag of Holding (or similar parcels) and do something in chat (or worse).
    I did not know the dropping of the link shared anything - thought it was just friendly NPCs! Should have known as I've actually modified that drop code before, just never realized. Sharing to one person is better if you want a tight reign on player access. For me there are so many ways an untrustworthy player can screw the game, I don't worry about it. I prefer to use the public in case someone else gets handed the "item" (bag of holding) in their inventory (I'm essentially very lazy and don't want to worry about it).

But yes - THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE in the world of "ownership" so if you do share it a player only they will have access - until you share it to another - and so on. The holder logic still has me confused as it appears to be written where you can have multiple players sharing it - but that is only readonly - if you set one of the holders to owner - that's it - they are only one with write access. And for accessing parcels - it's write access your after.

But great reveal, thank you! Now I know how to share to a single player for other things without having to write a special extension to do it. Plus messing with ownership is SUPER BAD EVIL DANGEROUS if you don't know exactly what you are doing and the ramifications of it.

In the end, things can make things public - and make them NOT public in my world of extensions. Ideally, you'll never notice. But I'm sure if you manually set public and other things - then you will have to be "aware".

you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

I'm seeing this in the console log after updating FGU:

[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_death_indicator.lua"]:1242: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.

Quote Originally Posted by absente View Post
    I'm seeing this in the console log after updating FGU:

[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_death_indicator.lua"]:1242: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    Look one post up from yours. I expect you will see the reason for the error...

Thread Information