STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 47 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Ah, then I misunderstood. I somehow imagined that this would allow someone to essentially have a bag of holding that held their things. Not a problem. Still one of the most awesome extensions I own, and with polymorphism, really adds a lot. I actually have generic actions, equipped effects, polymorphism and map parcel and I really, really WANTED combat groups, but was too slow to get it. I love your work!

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    Ah, then I misunderstood. I somehow imagined that this would allow someone to essentially have a bag of holding that held their things. Not a problem. Still one of the most awesome extensions I own, and with polymorphism, really adds a lot. I actually have generic actions, equipped effects, polymorphism and map parcel and I really, really WANTED combat groups, but was too slow to get it. I love your work!
    Technically, if you do what FGU people do - it will work. You just make the parcel you have in the bag of holding Public (per my post edit comment previously) and it will be accessible. With the added security of the lock map parcel for the internals of it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thank you! I'll try that when I'm with my group next week!

SilentRuin: Noticed in your sig that you have Assistant GM in there with no link. Is this an upcoming extension. (if so what is on the horizon for this) Only asking because I am loving your extensions. The interfaces are clean and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fletcher View Post
    SilentRuin: Noticed in your sig that you have Assistant GM in there with no link. Is this an upcoming extension. (if so what is on the horizon for this) Only asking because I am loving your extensions. The interfaces are clean and easy to use.
    Unlike Combat Groups which had a few sales before it got put in limbo on DMsG waiting for FG Forge to be completed by SW - Assistant GM had no sales and was in immediate limbo after I made it, so did not feel it warranted a thread/description of its own till I had a place to put it up. Won't really have Grim Press make a video till FG Forge is ready also. I can show you a screen shot - basically the description will be something like follows (will include screen shot here also)...

Assistant GM
    If you just want to narrate a game and have someone else share the burden of running a 5E campaign, this extension will allow a player to have full control of NPCs visible in their combat tracker. They can move/target/attack/modify NPC sheet/etc. - essentially full access to NPC just like the host. While a player can never truly be the host - this allows the GM to offload a load of work involving the actual play of NPCs. This also supports the NPCowner flag for sharing NPCs, just as the polymorphism extension does. Does not matter if they are friend or foe on the CT, you can drop an individual NPC from CT onto portrait of player and give them full control of that NPC movement, targeting(Map or CT), and access to NPC sheet to control whatever you wish. If you use the Grant NPC Access button on the host CT, you can give a player full access to every visible NPC in his CT (and its smart enough to know to keep the individual shared NPCs around if you turn off the Grant NPC Access for this user). Gist is - this will allow trusted players to help you run your game as an Assistant GM. It can't do everything - but it does enough for me. And in my extensions? That's what counts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Yeah: And friendly NPCs for a battle I can give control as if they are commanding them around in larger battles. Like a Caravan raid and they come to the rescue. Plus will save me from creating NPC characters that are just around for a few battles. Thanks I think this has been pretty high on the wish list along with spell casting stuff with tokens.
    Hopefully the Forge will get here sooner than latter. (not sure if they can bring over who has purchased on the DMsGuild for all of your clients but it will be nice to have one place)
    When the Forge comes are you still going to use Grim Press to market or FG will market?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fletcher View Post
    Oh Yeah: And friendly NPCs for a battle I can give control as if they are commanding them around in larger battles. Like a Caravan raid and they come to the rescue. Plus will save me from creating NPC characters that are just around for a few battles. Thanks I think this has been pretty high on the wish list along with spell casting stuff with tokens.
    Hopefully the Forge will get here sooner than latter. (not sure if they can bring over who has purchased on the DMsGuild for all of your clients but it will be nice to have one place)
    When the Forge comes are you still going to use Grim Press to market or FG will market?
    As they are kicking all my stuff off DMsG at some point (except one which I will move also per exception as its an extension also) it will all move to FG forge - whenever that gets going. And yes, I'll still use Grim Press to market - I did no marketing originally and they contacted me - so I was fine with it . Plus if I ever drop all this stuff I have someone to hand over to for managing it after I'm gone. No plans on that any time soon but I want the option to hand it all off.

@SilentRuin
    This extension is fantastic - thank you! Do you have a place for feature requests? You may consider this in the future:
    Now that players can control a parcel shared with them, this makes a very useful storage chest, bag of holding etc. Would it be possible to present the total weight of a parcel so players and GMs can track that it doesn't exceed maximum capacity of a container?

Thanks for considering the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    @SilentRuin
    This extension is fantastic - thank you! Do you have a place for feature requests? You may consider this in the future:
    Now that players can control a parcel shared with them, this makes a very useful storage chest, bag of holding etc. Would it be possible to present the total weight of a parcel so players and GMs can track that it doesn't exceed maximum capacity of a container?

Thanks for considering the idea.
    Well I only have two criteria for new features...

1) Do I want it in my campaign? (I write these for me and only put them out there in case others want to use what I use)
    2) Will it take to much work? (I'm dead lazy - which is why I write these things - to enhance my laziness as a DM)

As it happens, your in luck! I do want this. And after working on it all day - I'm down to annoying anchor point logic - which I hate - but will likely have resolved sometime today. So expect a new version soon. It will be the minimal stuff I want - weights on everything (including coins) and the current total. I debated and extra field to be a dump "note" that tells what you think is max this parcel can hold before you start doing dire things to it (wagon - increased chance of breaking a wheel/axel; bag of holding - exploding when it exceeds max) - but have not decided yet if that is worth it (must leave something to DM after all).

Show example of how parcels look now with weights - also noticed that players could not drop things in public parcels (that were not on the map) - this has been fixed as I needed that for my version of a bag of holding. Now you can see the total weight when something you decided has had enough and breaks an axel, implodes, or whatever. I think I described what I do for bag of holding things in this thread somewhere already - so my example is COS wizard of wines wagon as a map parcel.

V1.9 - Added in weights and weight total to parcels. Also fixed where public parcel can now have things added in by player.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 21st, 2021 at 22:37.

Thread Information