DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 47 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Couldn't select it after I dropped it on the map, but might have been testing to many things at once and got confused. Will again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Couldn't select it after I dropped it on the map, but might have been testing to many things at once and got confused. Will again, thanks.
    Just make sure you're in "play" mode (the dice icon). Lots of times, I'm editing a map and forget that I'm still on FX or LOS or tiles, and sit there wondering why I can't select things. Or, alternatively, when I drop something as a tile (rather than as a token for an NPC, Parcel, Spell effect, etc), I forget to go to "tile" in order to move and rotate it.

OK now that we are talking about using Map Parcel for Doors, Traps I need to get some good tokens for that. Wish I would of thought of that.... (thinking under the Trap in another layer place like a Fireball toke to show the radius of the blast... Then if they trigger show the layer...)

V1.21 - New Feature - new option added to support not dropping empty parcels when PC/NPC is dead. Default is turned off so that normal behavior or dropping a token on death can still occur by default - as this is used for more than just loot. As all options it can be turned on and off during runtime if needed to vary.

Sorry for all the updates. This is all the result of me building out a new campaign and finding bugs or needs that I want to add in. Hopefully this will be it for a while.

Gist is I had a bunch of useless critters dying that would drop nothing and I was too lazy to turn on and off the option while that encounter was going on. This is defaulted to still be as it was (off) because people use that drop parcel on dead for more than just loot - they use to drop a token (who cares if it has loot).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Would it be possible not to drop a loot parcel if the NPC has nothing in their inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Would it be possible not to drop a loot parcel if the NPC has nothing in their inventory?
    Is that a joke? Or did you not read the last post?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.21 - New Feature - new option added to support not dropping empty parcels when PC/NPC is dead. Default is turned off so that normal behavior or dropping a token on death can still occur by default - as this is used for more than just loot. As all options it can be turned on and off during runtime if needed to vary.
    I was just about to request that! Used the extension last night and the players went crazy trying to loot all the empty tokens that were dropping from the goblins.
    Also had an awesome encounter where they managed to drop the necromancer, loot his corpse and use the device he dropped to get rid of the undead hordes swarming them.
    Loving this extension! Thank you for all the updates, I for one appreciate them

I'm a lazy DM, so I want my party to sort out their loot themselves. That takes some improvisation:
    • a PC can only take from NPC's (via Map Parcel, by interacting with the token on the map)
    • a PC can only give to PC's (build in, by dragging to the portrait when logged on)

What I did
    1. I've got a 24/7 computer with FG for character and now loot management
    2. I connect to my FG server via RDP, which works remarkably well.
    3. after a session, I transfer all party loot an NPC
    4. the players can grab stuff from that NPC and distribute it among themselves
    5. the stuff they don't want, they give to a special PC (drag and drop)
    6. for that PC to be logged, I use a local session on the server
    7. I sell the stuff they don't want once in a while.

It's a bit complex, so I'm waiting to see what breaks. Where am I going with all this?
    • It would be nice if it was possible to give stuff to the NPC's as well, instead of just taking. That would allow me to dispense with the PC and the local session needed for it (step 5 and 6).

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I'm a lazy DM, so I want my party to sort out their loot themselves. That takes some improvisation:
    • a PC can only take from NPC's (via Map Parcel, by interacting with the token on the map)
    • a PC can only give to PC's (build in, by dragging to the portrait when logged on)

What I did
    1. I've got a 24/7 computer with FG for character and now loot management
    2. I connect to my FG server via RDP, which works remarkably well.
    3. after a session, I transfer all party loot an NPC
    4. the players can grab stuff from that NPC and distribute it among themselves
    5. the stuff they don't want, they give to a special PC (drag and drop)
    6. for that PC to be logged, I use a local session on the server
    7. I sell the stuff they don't want once in a while.

It's a bit complex, so I'm waiting to see what breaks. Where am I going with all this?
    • It would be nice if it was possible to give stuff to the NPC's as well, instead of just taking. That would allow me to dispense with the PC and the local session needed for it (step 5 and 6).
    Not sure what you mean here. If you use my extensions you can certainly give and take from an NPC inventory as a player if you have been given ownership of it. Or if the NPC is public I believe. What are you trying to say here? If its that I should be adding all the polymorphism/Assistant GM ownership shared NPC logic into Map Parcels then that is a firm negative. If it's something else you'll have to give me an example.

My world of extensions is my world of extensions made for me and they tend to interact with and support each other when required. I'm not saying you need these as I would think if the NPC was public it "should" work with what you want? But really FGU ownership stuff can be picky so I'm not sure. Hence why I made fully owned NPC's part of the two extensions I mentioned. That way I can share it to a player (drop NPC on portrait) and they can get whatever they need. Honestly the way you have it setup you don't need any of my stuff. You have party sheet that everyone can use. You have a map parcel that everyone can use. You have PC's that if removed can be reused (log in - get PC - remember to release it from your ownership). You have NPC's that if you drop on a PC portrait you can share inventory with. Really not seeing the issue. Maybe I'm just not reading it right.

I missed the NPC sharing part of the procedure. Will try that, thanks. How do you make an NPC public? Not by right clicking it.

I got map parcels and polymorphism by the way (and assistant GM, but that one should not be needed).
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 8th, 2021 at 20:44.

Thread Information