DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 48 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Hello, I couldn't figure out how to make this work: 'Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.'

I have turned it on in the options, but when an NPC gets defeated the token simply disappears nor it's made a map parcel. How do I make it work?

Also: Wouldn't sharing all the map parcels mean that a play could simply click their Parcels button on their Sidebar and check the whole content of loots around the campaign, like breaking the whole purpose of finding the treasure chests? Is there any way to disable the parcels sidebar button for good for players?
    As ScriedRaven pointed out. But the video is hopelessly out of date on this and most of my other extensions as I keep adding things in. You'd have to read through this tome of a thread to get all the tips etc. on what to do - but really its up to you. This is just a tool I use for me, how you use it for you is up to you. Also, the .txt file usually has some info but nothing beats the running commentary in here if you want to know the current state of things. As there will be a new update today also to fix something with modules. I like transferring things but some things should not - modules - also I'm going to add a copy option. Only version info - and reading in here will tell you that will be happening though.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.19 - Bug for transferring contents out of a module - they should only be copy of contents - Fixed. A new copy button has been added to all map parcel sheets so that you can define one to retain its contents by copying instead of transferring them.

Basically the transfer of contents should not occur for a module. And a new button to make a parcel retain its contents (copy) has been added though transfer is still the default.

This won't fix FGU bug where if a player is attached it will stomp the count in a character sheet to 1 if it did not exist in inventory before. While you can work around that by transferring contents (just do it twice) - you can't with a copy. So be aware - its still like FGU with the copy set.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As ScriedRaven pointed out. But the video is hopelessly out of date on this and most of my other extensions as I keep adding things in. You'd have to read through this tome of a thread to get all the tips etc. on what to do - but really its up to you. This is just a tool I use for me, how you use it for you is up to you. Also, the .txt file usually has some info but nothing beats the running commentary in here if you want to know the current state of things. As there will be a new update today also to fix something with modules. I like transferring things but some things should not - modules - also I'm going to add a copy option. Only version info - and reading in here will tell you that will be happening though.
    Oh, yes thanks. I did watch throughout the whole video and couldn't find it. I didn't read the changelog because that's a lot of stuff and I didn't think that this feature could have been something implemented there. Thanks both of you!

Showed it to one of my players, she was very impressed. Since this introduces NPC's that only are there for the inventory, it would be nice if it was somehow possible to select which tab is opened first when you access them.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Showed it to one of my players, she was very impressed. Since this introduces NPC's that only are there for the inventory, it would be nice if it was somehow possible to select which tab is opened first when you access them.
    That is pure FGU - just like any other tab. It will remember it in a session which tab you last selected. Also as I told the other person - the video is hugely out of date - trust the thread and discussion in here or in the version updates -as nothing else will tell you what is available to you. And I change it all the time - just look at the post two above yours - yet another update (sigh).

I just tried using it with one of my players, he was able to make rolls to unlock a chest even when it was not his own turn. And it rolled using the current turn character's stats instead of his own.

I just tried using it with one of my players, he was able to make rolls to unlock a chest even when it was not his own turn. And it rolled using the current turn character's stats instead of his own.
    Very true it's grabbed the active CT - probably should be grabbing who clicked it. Let me look at it.

V1.20 - Bug for rolling pick and strength where it would always choose active combat tracker (CT) stats no matter who rolled it - Fixed - host will still roll active CT but player will roll user's (player) active character.

Was doing things only as a host should not as a player. As I may have multiple players try to resolve their rolls at once - they will now be rolling their stuff correctly no matter who's turn it is (host still has to unlock the parcel - per the way I want it to work). Host will behave as they did before - rolling the active CT stats.

I used the map parcel extension to place a trip wire on the floor. Chose an appropriate image. Couldn't rotate it unfortunately, but otherwise it worked great. A player saw it in time, and they were able try to dismantle it by using the lock pick skills. In the inventory was the bell that would sound if they failed. . Going to use it lock the alternative exits to the dungeons as well. They can force it or pick the lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I used the map parcel extension to place a trip wire on the floor. Chose an appropriate image. Couldn't rotate it unfortunately, but otherwise it worked great. A player saw it in time, and they were able try to dismantle it by using the lock pick skills. In the inventory was the bell that would sound if they failed. . Going to use it lock the alternative exits to the dungeons as well. They can force it or pick the lock.
    Its no different from any other token - hold SHIFT and roll mouse wheel and it will rotate. Unless its a NPC or PC and you have the orientation arrow active then that will rotate.

Thread Information