DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 47 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last
    understood.
    I will get it figured out.

Any chance that you'll make this work with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...Treasure-Drops? Some of the formatting is weird on the players side.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    Any chance that you'll make this work with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...Treasure-Drops? Some of the formatting is weird on the players side.
    Never used it. You will have to ask him about it - I think he’s the one who asked for a hook into my code recently - a recent version update - but I have no plans on doing anything about something I don’t personally use.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

In manager_mapparcel.lua

-- BUGS
    -- Why is DC roll not being hidden when hidden is selected

I am running into this issue where if the player rolls to pick or break the lock the DC is shown in the chat box. For example it will show (vs. DC 20)
    If the GM is rolling then the roll is hidden.

Is this still an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    In manager_mapparcel.lua

-- BUGS
    -- Why is DC roll not being hidden when hidden is selected

I am running into this issue where if the player rolls to pick or break the lock the DC is shown in the chat box. For example it will show (vs. DC 20)
    If the GM is rolling then the roll is hidden.

Is this still an issue?
    Yep never fixed it. Decided if they wanted it hidden they could not enter one - and just check vs number that they wanted vs the resulting roll and determine success or failure themselves.

Basically the manager_action_save.lua code has an applysave function that will always build that text if the DC is present - with no respect of any bSecret or bTower rolls. It was not worth overriding that for all things or making some special case for it. Basically if something uses the generic save roll code and provides a DC - it will be displayed.

I apologize if this was already answered, I did not read through the entire page. Less of a support question and more of a feature question. Would I be able to create a parcel for a players backpack for them to store their smaller items inside? The intent being to organize their inventory. I know it requires them to have access to a map with a token representing their stuff. Having an additional token for everyone's packs sounds annoying but I could perhaps have it in an image only available to me and that pc. If they lose access to their pack I'd remove their access to the image the token is stored on.

Thank you for your time. I think it will work this way, the only thing is I may have to manually edit the weight on their inventory page if it changes significantly.
    Last edited by Ramza; May 29th, 2021 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    I apologize if this was already answered, I did not read through the entire page. Less of a support question and more of a feature question. Would I be able to create a parcel for a players backpack for them to store their smaller items inside? The intent being to organize their inventory. I know it requires them to have access to a map with a token representing their stuff. Having an additional token for everyone's packs sounds annoying but I could perhaps have it in an image only available to me and that pc. If they lose access to their pack I'd remove their access to the image the token is stored on.

Thank you for your time. I think it will work this way, the only thing is I may have to manually edit the weight on their inventory page if it changes significantly.
    GASP! You did not read my entire running commentary with text walls??? I'm hurt

Think of it this way, you take any asset you want to drop into the token field of the parcel. Then you drag that token field into the map. It is there permanently until you remove it. Now given your question - I'm not sure you need my extension to do that - especially if your not dropping it in a map and its always local to that user. I think all you have to do is create a parcel called backpack - put stuff in it - create an item called small backpack - drop the parcel into that backpack - and presto - put the item in their inventory and you can have them access that parcel. Now I "think" you can do that in normal FGU - but you should try it. For sure in my world of additional features I know you can do that - but try it out in normal FGU you may not even need this extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post

This is kind of already a thing with the “location” field of items in the inventory, if all it is is organization.

If you enter the name of an item that is in their inventory to the location of another item, they will group together. Changing the equipped/carried state of the container changes it for all the items contained within it.

Playing an NPC is amazing now
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    Playing an NPC is amazing now
    Thank You!
    Well if you want to give your players the CT host view (on the client) then Assistant GM is another piece of the puzzle

Thread Information