DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 48 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    I have partnered with Grim Press to handle sales and promo of this extension. I'm just to lazy to bother

New grim press video updated on DMsG - old one is still available here.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 16th, 2020 at 21:20.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Admittedly I have yet to read the entire thread, however I would like to know if this could be used to have multiple parcels assigned to map? (i.e. one parcel per NPC sort of thing) which could be tagged/attached to the map? Or am I completely missing the purpose of this extension? For example how I have to do it now, I have to place all of the items from an encounter into one parcel but when my players loot bodies, I'd only want them to be able to obtain the parcel for the NPC they are checking, but for the encounter/map I would love to have the ability to tag/attach multiple parcels so I don't have to hunt for them. Maybe there's already a way of doing this that I've overlooked........in any case, thank you for reading and all suggestions are appreciated.

Yes.. you can have multiple parcels on one map, I think that was your question right?

You just have to make a separate parcel, for each encounter and place them in the respected locations on the map.

I even heard they could be linked to NCPs.. but haven't figured out yet how that could work though, there is also a new movie on DMSguild which might be useful.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; November 12th, 2020 at 06:27.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Admittedly I have yet to read the entire thread, however I would like to know if this could be used to have multiple parcels assigned to map? (i.e. one parcel per NPC sort of thing) which could be tagged/attached to the map? Or am I completely missing the purpose of this extension? For example how I have to do it now, I have to place all of the items from an encounter into one parcel but when my players loot bodies, I'd only want them to be able to obtain the parcel for the NPC they are checking, but for the encounter/map I would love to have the ability to tag/attach multiple parcels so I don't have to hunt for them. Maybe there's already a way of doing this that I've overlooked........in any case, thank you for reading and all suggestions are appreciated.
    I added the Grim Press overview video in DMsG to this thread, it and the reviews in DMsG can give you a better idea of what this does.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Yes.. you can have multiple parcels on one map, I think that was your question right?

You just have to make a separate parcel, for each encounter and place them in the respected locations on the map.

I even heard they could be linked to NCPs.. but haven't figured out yet how that could work though, there is also a new movie on DMSguild which might be useful.
    This can do a lot - but linking to NPC's is not one of them The technical aspects I describe in my video and .txt file do not really cover what you can do with it. I've added Grim Press overview video from DMsG to page 1 here - also read review in DMsG.

Ok thanks.. I thought I read it somewhere on a forum (linking NPC to parcel).. and thought hey.. how can you do that :P , but lol thanks for confirming its not possible .

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Ok thanks.. I thought I read it somewhere on a forum (linking NPC to parcel).. and thought hey.. how can you do that :P , but lol thanks for confirming its not possible .
    Maybe they had Polymorphism and Map Parcel - shared an NPC to a player - dropped a parcel with some wagon or cart as the token - then the player used his turn as the controlled NPC to drag it around. That is possible. But its not, as you pointed out, linking it to the NPC
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 12th, 2020 at 21:00.

With Parcel Extension when I place a chest etc on a map the players can see it even through LOS. Am I doing it wrong or is there a setting to make it non visible until the players are within the area? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    With Parcel Extension when I place a chest etc on a map the players can see it even through LOS. Am I doing it wrong or is there a setting to make it non visible until the players are within the area? Thanks.
    Now that you mention it - I see that too - and I'm not at all sure why a token can be seen through LOS. I'll have to figure this one out as I've never noticed that from the players side before. Not sure why this is happening. I'll have to investigate it. My guess is that my placement of the token is missing something. But not sure what.

Thread Information