Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurkis View Post
    I seem to have a problem using the option of creating a chest. I follow the instructional video. When the PC tries to open it nothing happens. It gets smaller it appears. After he tries it, I can not open it as well. I could have a setting incorrect
    Per our multi hour search, this was resolved in discord. An FGC and FGU extension of some sort had both versions loaded and eventually we trial and errored our way through testing to find that out. Removing the FGC version fixed everything. Fortunately, this was an easy - if time consuming - incompatibility we resolved simply by locating and removing the FGC extension (it was the last one we checked naturally). I still don't understand how the code even allows something, even mistakenly, to wipe out discreet token behavior assigned to an individual token. Which once again brings up my mantra of EXTENSIONS = RISK - there is no set of enforced rules for how extensions are coded or behave. For sure if one tries to wipe out the double click behavior on a discreet token they did not create or manage (or even a button) then there would be no way for another extension to work with that.

    In any case, all is well now.

  2. #72
    I want to thank Silent Ruin for all his help, several hours to figure out it was an extension I had put in that was the issue. It was conflicting with 5E Critically Awesome Essentials, the non unity one. I disabled that one and it worked. Thanks again for all of the help!

  3. #73
    Hi Silentruin, after unlocking the parcel so that my players can see what is inside, the small arrow (move parcel to party inventory) doesn't appear for them.
    Would that be a feature you would might want to add in the future ?

    Thanks!

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi Silentruin, after unlocking the parcel so that my players can see what is inside, the small arrow (move parcel to party inventory) doesn't appear for them.
    Would that be a feature you would might want to add in the future ?

    Thanks!
    I would think having a player flush the parcel out to inventory was a host only type of thing. What is the situation you would want a player with that power? The idea is inventory has meaning - encumbrance has meaning (though Host has to set it when weight is exceeded) - and that players have to cart out whatever they find. NOT get a free magic "party sheet inventory" bag of holding which has no mass or any encumbrance. That is my reasoning for not allowing the players to simply flush something to the party inventory - kind of enforcing the "you pick it up, you carry it out" philosophy.

    I'm not adverse to making it available to the players. But not sure I want to "enable" the idea they can get away with a "party sheet inventory" bag of holding. Convince me.

  5. #75
    Hi, I see your point. I think it's nice, for the players, after they have sorted out all the gear they wish to keep to have a button, to transfer the remaining loot over to the party sheet inventory to be sold by the GM. So not to use as a bag of holding, but as a simple quick way, to allow them clean their cart by themselves and then let the GM sell their unwanted loot .

    But ummh its just one button click so not much of hassle for the GM to do, but some groups like mine we don't use a cart out of convenience, so for us it would be ideal if they could transfer their gear to the party sheet themselves .

    So it might benefit both groups that use a cart and groups that use it for storage of all their loot found. You could make it a rule that they have to use the cart of course.. and can only use it for quick convenience to sell unwanted loot.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi, I see your point. I think it's nice, for the players, after they have sorted out all the gear they wish to keep to have a button, to transfer the remaining loot over to the party sheet inventory to be sold by the GM. So not to use as a bag of holding, but as a simple quick way, to allow them clean their cart by themselves and then let the GM sell their unwanted loot .

    But ummh its just one button click so not much of hassle for the GM to do, but some groups like mine we don't use a cart out of convenience, so for us it would be ideal if they could transfer their gear to the party sheet themselves .

    So it might benefit both groups that use a cart and groups that use it for storage of all their loot found. You could make it a rule that they have to use the cart of course.. and can only use it for quick convenience to sell unwanted loot.
    Sounds complex. Not trying to make this button a mini game was just stating that I've seen players try and use the party sheet inventory as some sort of magic bag of holding. For sure if want it to be a cart (or use NPC mule if you have full control through polymorphism) - create a map parcel token called "cart" - give the token image of a cart - let them drag it around with them (as they can move it) on map and place it when you change maps just like a character.

    Again - I don't want to contribute to the party sheet inventory being treated like a "magic bag of holding" or as you say a "cart" where it can't be robbed - burned - or anything else as its not represented as a target the GM can have NPC attackers go after.

    You'll have to convince me with a better argument than "cart" as it still sounds like I'm contributing to the problem of party sheet inventory abuse

    So if you really want to have the party manage a "magic cart" then make it map parcel like I suggested subject to all the risks of not carrying stuff themselves. For sure the ONLY time you can sell stuff is when your someplace you can sell it. Which is not anywhere near your map parcel your opening up and taking stuff out of.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; October 20th, 2020 at 15:09.

  7. #77
    Generated new version to test to see if how tabs are being added in this extension had a compatibility issue. Users should not see any difference - except (hopefully) ones who use the incompatible extension. Basically testing to see if this works as its harmless to try.

    V1.6 - changed how inventory tab is added into NPC sheet. Will have no visible effect to users but may have some compatibility issue with another extension - basically testing to see if this fixes that incompatibility.

  8. #78
    Ok.. maybe it would be interesting then to have the party sheet sell item button show up on the parcel ? That was the main reason why to transfer the items into the party sheet, so that they can be sold. It could be so the players have the option to press sell items.. and redistribute the cash earned among them, using the other button?

    In this way.. the Party Sheet wouldn't be used as a bag of holding, while adding some nice extra functionally to the Parcels the players use !

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Ok.. maybe it would be interesting then to have the party sheet sell item button show up on the parcel ? That was the main reason why to transfer the items into the party sheet, so that they can be sold. It could be so the players have the option to press sell items.. and redistribute the cash earned among them, using the other button?

    In this way.. the Party Sheet wouldn't be used as a bag of holding, while adding some nice extra functionally to the Parcels the players use !
    Yeah, the party sheet would no longer be used as the bag of holding, then the parcel would be used as the magic "I can sell stuff even when not near a merchant" You have not convinced me anything you are asking for is not some way to allow players to cheat the system without any governance by the GM. I put a button to sell on the parcel - and then people start selling whenever they feel like it? No. GM is gatekeeper for when selling can occur. For sure I know there are extensions out there that mimic shops and things that players can participate in.

    But this is not that.

    I can be convinced to add things that I would like in my own campaign - I cannot be convinced to add things that I for sure don't want in my campaign though

  10. #80
    Ok.. then I don't think I will be able to convince you on adding this feature , but when I get a new idea, I will drop you a line

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in