FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... Last

Map Parcel Extension [Fantasy Grounds Unity]

Now in Forge.

Map Parcel Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)

This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows you to create inventories for maps & non-player characters quickly and easily! No additional modules are required —simply add this extension to Fantasy Grounds, and you are set!

MapParcel.png

This extension unlocks the following functions:

• Give maps unique parcels that can contain any item.
    • Set lockpick or break DCs on map parcels, so you players can interact with them. Treasure chests displayed on the map with actual loot inside are now a reality.
    • Give your Non-Player Characters and Vehicles manageable inventories! Set up a mule to carry the party's mundane equipment as they travel, or give that cool BBEG a powerful artifact that is dropped upon death!
    • Any weapons given to NPCs show up in their actions tab, fully coded!
    • All map parcel, PC, NPC, and Vehicle inventories can be added to the party sheet with a simple click & drag.

Additional perks included in this extension:

• Add (and customize) coin weight for your players.
    • If you own our Polymorphism extension, your PLAYERS gain access to the NPC inventories as well! Give them a NPC sidekick with a customizable inventory to follow them on their adventures!
    • Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.

Moving an inventory link into a parcel will lose any location data - because parcels don't store location data.

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.

For Loot functionally people forget to make the map parcel "[MP] LOOT" template, or make the specific named loot templates which don't match the type or CT name, or have option to do this turned off.

NPC Armor field updates will only apply when armor is added in - DM will have to change if armor is removed and no new armor is added in.

Updates:

[See .txt file for early updates and features]

V1.32 - Feature - added option "Display Drop Items and Coins buttons" defaulted to "on". This is so that if V1.31 "Items" and "Coins" buttons in Inventory cause any kind of conflict with some other extension they can be displayed or not immediately simply by turning this option on or off.

V1.33 - Bug - New buttons in V1.32 were being mistakenly displayed on player side. Fixed.

V1.34 - Feature - Added new option to prevent PCs from dropping a loot parcel "No PC loot parcels" if "PC or NPC death drops parcel" option is on.

V1.35 - Bug - Parsing for NPC addition of weapons from the NPC main page does not work unless the text is just so. Fixed how I put NPC main page text for weapon additions by insuring that attack/damage is the very first text and if Melee and Thrown it will repeat the attack/dam as ranged with the proper modifiers. FGU still won't parse it correctly for any 2nd attacks (ranged from thrown) but will parse it correctly in the CT actions for the NPC. This parsing will work (or not for 2nd ranged damage) the same as RAW FGU does now.

V1.36 - FGU changes - updated extension to be compatible with new FGU changes to currencies. This will no longer support coin weight as FGU now does this.

V1.37 - Bug - Item and Coin buttons for V1.31 have been moved to left of treasure title to prevent being overlayed onto the coins when sheet width is changed.

V1.38 - Feature - MapParcel sheet has new option for host only that is a lock/unlock button allowing the parcel to be locked so that the clients cannot move it.

V1.39 - Bug - A MapParcel previously would replace the public share anytime it's token was updated. If the public share was removed - it would be placed back as soon as the map was recreated (during startup usually). It should always set public when its first placed in map - but should not be changed if its removed by host because they do not want it public at the moment. Now it will only set the public share when token is added to map - allowing the host to remove the public share and keep it removed till they put it back themselves. Note: If not public a client/player can't interact with it at all - and sometimes that is wanted (in my case, when I'm not ready or wanting them to "see" it yet).

V1.40 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

V1.41 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

V1.42 - Bug - was not fully taking into account all modifiers for pick/break rolls. Fixed.

V1.43 - Update - now support inventory tab in vehicles (just like in npcs).

V1.44 - Update - new option "Show Item Transfer Chat Message" defaulted to on. The FGU basic item transfer messages were changed to be optional and also display the non id name when it is not identified or requires attunement and is not attuned. The flag will not effect sheet->party or party->sheet as this as only parcel related messages are affected. The option will effect sheet->parcel, parcel->parcel, parcel->party, and parcel->sheet. If you transfer something out of a sheet without first removing its attunement then the fact the full name is shown is on you.

V1.45 - Bug - introduced bug recently that caused rolling for pick lock etc. to crash. Fixed.

V1.46 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

V1.47 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

V1.48 - Update - added new option "New Parcel in map is Public" defaulted to "on". Before, a new map parcel would always be public when placed in map by default. This is so the players can interact with it. But when setting up a session I have to immediately turn the public setting off as I don't want it intractable till I'm ready. This option will let me place them without the public setting applied (I will manually do it when ready during game play).

V1.49 - Update - FGU change support.

V1.50 - FGU change - the tokeninstance setModifiable has been removed from the code and now causes and error. Of course this means no way to prevent the token from being moved by the client (which this did when I first wrote that option) so will just remove that feature completely. FGU will no longer allow it so its gone.

V1.51 - FGU change - put back functionality removed in V1.50 - replaced tokeninstance setModifiable with setPublicEdit.

V1.52 - FGU update - fixed to work with latest FGU update.

[One thing missing from video is the example where I make a new Thieves' Tools Skill and place it as a skill for the character or a text skill in an NPC. That will be used if present for pick lock button. Matching in inventory and skill for Thieves' Tools is by it having the word thieves and tools in it (any case). Also, the coin weight in 5E demo video should be 0.02 not 0.2 - still, was just an example.]

Grim Press overview video from DMsG.

My long boring silent test video.
    https://youtu.be/UcKNqpZPDyI

Grim Press will be handling the sales and promotion of this extension.
    If you'd like to engage with us, please feel free to join the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension. These extensions are also maintained by me for me. I provide them outside of my own games purely to those who wish to take advantages of things I use for myself.

Included is original text used for describing this extension - has a lot of details but really provided for reference if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 19th, 2024 at 01:06.

This looks pretty cool if your party has travelling NPCs with them !!!

What Campaign are you playing right now, cause I heard you had travelling NPCs?
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 21st, 2020 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    This looks pretty cool if your party has travelling NPCs with them !!!
    Due to ownership issues NPC inventories must be controlled and managed (though visible to player in a shared NPC) by the host. That's the way vanilla FGU works with shared NPC stuff. And why I went to so much trouble to overcome it in polymorphism - which this extension can run with - but does not have that level of complexity (or price).

So if you use that with this you get the full player control of NPC inventories but that was a non trivial thing and tied to what I was doing in the polymorphism extension. I have it - and you have it - as we have that 5E extension - but its not part of this one as this was more pure CoreRPG stuff. And it was a lot of work to weave that logic into polymorphism as it was.

Just be wary shared NPC's is pure FGU with this one - it was only fully implemented in polymorphism extension.

If you have your own thing to make an NPC owned by a player (and play nice with underlying code) then you will be able to manage NPC inventories when shared to player. My other extension is only one that I know of that does that at the moment, but as I only use my own extensions - and pretty much write them for myself - that's fine by me.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 21st, 2020 at 19:44.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hey so are you saying these inventory items in map Parcel, are easier to navigate then for the players to use the Party sheet?
    Sorry just trying to get a grip on your new extension !

Hey so are you saying these inventory items in map Parcel, are easier to navigate then for the players to use the Party sheet?
    They are the same - more or less. For example - I treat NPC/CharSheet inventories as the same in the low level code so they can play in all the current inventory logic. The logic and drop intelligence I had to override was because I wanted parcel inventory to play exactly like the partysheet inventory (when placed in a map - not when not in a map) where you drop something into the parcel - it gets removed from your inventory - and when you drop something into your inventory it gets removed from the parcel. Just like in the partysheet - except its the player (or host) actually dragging stuff in and out of the parcel. Once the video gets done loading youtube HD processing you'll be able to see it in there - right now its still blurry due to HD processing of it.

Oh.. so players are actually not able to take things from the Party Sheet Inventory? I didn't know that.

Also if you get it - let me know if its all working properly. Just put it out there.

Oh.. so players are actually not able to take things from the Party Sheet Inventory? I didn't know that.
    Of course they can - they can't do that with a parcel without this extension. Its the parcel (on a map) that now works LIKE the partysheet inventory where a player can drag stuff out. I can't remember if a player can put something into a partysheet or not - but in the map parcel they can.

Ahh ok I get it now lol :P

But what do you think are the main benefits? It looks cool organisational wise, and also the LockPick and StrengthCheck you can make look awesome to me.

So If I share a normal parcel my players would not be able to drag stuff out of it even though I shared it with them, but with yours they would?

So makes it like easy access for them they don't have to go to the party sheet, but can directly interact with the parcel?

I already read you file on DMSguild, but its hard to comprehend, I'm sure you vid would explain, but its 15 min. I'm just trying to understand your work and see all the benefits it gives to the DM and Player.

Thread Information