DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 48 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Lol.. I don't know why but its working now also for the token that came from the token folder !!!

Wait I solved it!!! So it doesn't work for pre-existing parcels, but it will work for New Parcels you make.

I mean if you add a token to pre-existing parcel and place it on the map, a double click won't open it, but if you make brand new parcel and place it, you will be able to open your parcel by a double click.

But that's an easy fix, I just duplicate the pre-existing Parcel, and then it works!
    Is there something else here? I just tried it in an old campaign I've not run this extension in before - picked and old parcel - dropped the chest in it - dropped it on map - double clicked on it - worked. There must be something unique in what you have going on there.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Ok, I'm having a look right now!

I tested it on Parcels from my Campaign "Lost mines of Phandelver", on those it doesn't work unless you duplicate the parcel.

I just tested it on a Parcel from "Ghost of Saltmarsh" and there too it doesn't work unless you duplicate it first.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 22nd, 2020 at 17:02.

Ok, I'm having a look right now!

I tested it on Parcels from my Campaign "Lost mines of Phandelver", on those it doesn't work unless you duplicate the parcel.
    Ok I know what it is - per DMsG suggestion to copy things you want to actually put on the map because it will change the content - you can't change the content of FIXED modules. So yeah, you drop a map token of a FIXED module directly linked into it - that will only be a token in the token field of the .xml window - it will have no DB part to it (FGU thing). The whole Map Parcel thing is that the contents become dynamic. Kind of like if you took an NPC directly out of the module and tried to edit it without making a copy. It won't let you try to do that. The token you drop out of that type of window (no DB component as its locked in module for the data) is really just the token. As if you dragged it straight out of the asset and dropped it on the map. No intelligence.

I guess the question should I got to the trouble of trying to prevent these fields showing in the window when the record is read locked like that? Tricky but I might be able to do it. What do you think is it something that will mess you up?

It's even weirder in FGU parcels - if I unlock it - it lets me - but I can't drop any data out there and no error. Kind of what your seeing when you drop token on it. It just doesn't work even though it looks like it should - you'd have to make a copy of a raw module parcel.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 22nd, 2020 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I guess the question should I got to the trouble of trying to prevent these fields showing in the window when the record is read locked like that? Tricky but I might be able to do it. What do you think is it something that will mess you up?

It's even weirder in FGU parcels - if I unlock it - it lets me - but I can't drop any data out there and no error. Kind of what your seeing when you drop token on it. It just doesn't work even though it looks like it should - you'd have to make a copy of a raw module parcel.
    Maybe when you hover over the Chest Icon in Parcels, edit the message to say "Duplicate Your Parcels from your written adventures mods or it won't work with map placement". Just so people know, and it wouldn't be a difficult fix.

My lazy DM request would be, for a button in parcel list like for "Lost mines of Phandelver ", Press here to duplicate all parcels in this list :P

But I don't know how hard it would be to code that...

In all I don't think its that much trouble to duplicate all the Parcels.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 18.23.34.png
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 22nd, 2020 at 17:33.

Maybe when you hover over the Chest Icon in Parcels, edit the message to say "Duplicate Your Parcels from your written adventures mods or it won't work with map placement". Just so people know, and it wouldn't be a difficult fix.

My lazy DM request would be, for a button in parcel list like for "Lost mines of Phandelver ", Press here to duplicate all parcels in this list :P

But I don't know how hard it would be to code that...

In all I don't think its that much trouble to duplicate all the Parcels.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 18.23.34.png
    Going to see if I can't find out if its one of these module records in the code and make all those fields invisible when it is. Still trying to find a way to do it. If I do a new version will be appearing.

Ok cool!
    V1.1 is out there give it a try. DMsG and page 1 of this has been updated.

I will thanks !

Nice good way to fix it !

Your Party Sheet Inventory Parcel Window now doesn't pop up anymore in parcels that come straight out the campaign, so its more obvious that it won't work and that they have to be duplicated.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 22nd, 2020 at 19:06.

I will thanks !

Nice good way to fix it !

Your Party Sheet Inventory Parcel Window now doesn't pop up anymore in parcels that come straight out the campaign, so its more obvious that it won't work and that they have to be duplicated.
    V1.2 updated - wanted to have ability to easily distribute dead character/npc inventory via partysheet or a map parcel. Don't use it if you don't actually need it as it will MOVE not COPY the entire inventory of a character/npc into the partysheet or parcel you drop the combat tracker or sheet link into. Host is only one that can do it.

This extension looks really nice, adding nice flavour Sadly I cannot run any game at the moment, so, I cannot try it out, but I will certainly do (but for 3.5e then :P No worries, I won't report bugs which are in 3.5e but no 5e )

Thread Information