Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

adding feats at first level

Hi all, so i will be running a game here soon, and one of my house rules is that everybody gets a feat at first level. however, it doesn't look like i can add them to the character sheet. Is there a way this can be done, or will they simply have to keep track of it separately. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by luigiHugs View Post
    Hi all, so i will be running a game here soon, and one of my house rules is that everybody gets a feat at first level. however, it doesn't look like i can add them to the character sheet. Is there a way this can be done, or will they simply have to keep track of it separately. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Not sure which ruleset you are using, but in most rulesets you should be able to just drag the feat over to the character sheet to add it.

Blog Entries
    In 5E, just have the player open the Feat list (using the icon on the right), grab they one they want and drag it to the Feats section of their character sheet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

shouldn't be a problem for the players to just drop whatever feat they want on to their sheet. the FG system does not rule enforce on most of that stuff. Also they can drop it anywhere on the sheet, the sheet knwos where to put it.

FYI if you use the talents expansion, those are all just feats on the sheet really, and the descriptions don't say talent but feat on them. Can be a bit confusing not having them labeled talent in the descriptions just the PDF's headings.

And if your players are using the character wizard: after finishing a 1st lvl char, save that, open the character sheet, tab "Abilities" and there you can drag the feats from the list. the char wizard doesn't accept feats for 'new' characters

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    And if your players are using the character wizard: after finishing a 1st lvl char, save that, open the character sheet, tab "Abilities" and there you can drag the feats from the list. the char wizard doesn't accept feats for 'new' characters
    I forgot about the character wizard. It has been awhile since we've needed new characters in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    In 5E, just have the player open the Feat list (using the icon on the right), grab they one they want and drag it to the Feats section of their character sheet.
    To follow up on this thread, I am creating a variant human character. When I click on the Feats tab in the character wizard I get the message: "This Character does not have Feats for selection." We're using the 5E ruleset v2021-07-06. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrawlingchaos View Post
    To follow up on this thread, I am creating a variant human character. When I click on the Feats tab in the character wizard I get the message: "This Character does not have Feats for selection." We're using the 5E ruleset v2021-07-06. Am I missing something?
    No, that's a bug. Could you tell me what modules you had loaded and if you can get it to do it again send me the logs as well? It would help track that down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrawlingchaos View Post
    Welcome

I don't use the wizard so not sure. But you can ask here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020) and either one of the other experts of the wizard developer himself will respond.

Edit: ninja'd by the aforementioned developer!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    No, that's a bug. Could you tell me what modules you had loaded and if you can get it to do it again send me the logs as well? It would help track that down.
    Thanks for the prompt reply! This is my first time using FG so I would not discount user error.

The loaded modules are:

5E SRD Data
    FG Battle Maps
    D&D Basic Rules - Players
    D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Players
    D&D Player's Handbook
    D&D Monster Manual
    D&D Curse of Strahd - Players

If you tell me where I can access the logs I would be happy to send those to you.

Thread Information