5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Make all links shareable?

Extensive amounts of searching and I haven't been able to find exactly what this option does (in story entries but it may be in other places), when you right click on a link. When you do this it turns all the link buttons to a different color.

In my mind I'm thinking it makes all the links on that story entry publicly shared. But none of the linked content have P markers next to them when I look them up. And a player tried to open one of those links and couldn't.

So...what does shareable link actually do?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Extensive amounts of searching and I haven't been able to find exactly what this option does (in story entries but it may be in other places), when you right click on a link. When you do this it turns all the link buttons to a different color.

In my mind I'm thinking it makes all the links on that story entry publicly shared. But none of the linked content have P markers next to them when I look them up. And a player tried to open one of those links and couldn't.

So...what does shareable link actually do?

Thanks!
    When you right click, you need to additionally click on the share sub-button.

However, another, faster way to do it would be to create a development campaign separate from your live campaign, enter all of your game information in the development campaign and export it as a player module. Then everything is automatically viewable by the player.

Making all links shareable is exactly that - it makes the links available - on whatever they are located - for use by the players.

Of course whatever the links are on (story entry probably) will also need to be shared with the players and what the links point to will also need to be shared with your players for the links to actually work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So there's no point in doing using that feature, just share all the story entries? I'm still not following what is gained by making them shareable....as long as I shared the linked story entry everyone can still open them...

When you share a record, by default, none of the child links are shared. This prevents people from trying to share a single page in a book; and end up sharing an entire module.

When you mark all links as shareable, it means that those links are also shared when you share the parent record.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah! Exactly what I was looking for!

Of note the handling is little strange....order of operations seems to be very important. If you share the page before you make all links shareable it doesn't share all the sub-pages. If you make the links shareable and then share again, it still doesn't share the sub-pages. If you unshare the parent and then re-share it again, then it shares all sub-pages. I'm not sure if unlocking the page mattered but I also unlocked before I unshared/re-shared.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Thread Information