DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Random questions

My groups is 2 sessions into our new campaign and we have a couple questions.

I'm running Dawn of Flame.

Is there a way to incorporate save for half into spells? If I was making my own, I know I could have two different spell effects to roll based on saving or not, but I'm using built in modules so the monsters and their abilities are already made. I had a player targeted, they made the save, and my damage roll removed full damage. Is there a way to avoid manually adjusting every time?

And on the topic of making custom spells, does anyone know of a good guide for creating custom abilities?

In the module, there are the standard treasure items that Paizo includes. Flavor items just worth credits. They are intended to sell for full price, but when adding them to party loot and they get sold, they are sold for the 10% value. Is there a way to sell "treasure" items for full, or do i need to manually add them to credits instead?

We also noticed, if you fire a weapon from your character sheet, it correctly updates the ammo that was used. If you drag it to the quick bar, and fire from there, it does not update the ammo used. Is there a way to make this work right?

Thanks.

First of all welcome.

You can change the spell by clicking on the cast line magnifying glass> under damage change it to half on success. (see image one)

Here is the link to the wiki with the effects list. Most of these will work just fine in Starfinder.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

According to the Core Rules they are sold for 10%. You can change the number in the middle of the inventory page on the party sheet to whatever number you want. It will sell them at that rate.(Image 2)

The ammo thing will not work from the toolbar. As a side note if you update your characters you will have to re-drop those to the toolbar for them to be correct.(Example: For attacks or damage rolls)

I hope this answers your questions. If you have more just ask.

Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by madman; September 21st, 2020 at 07:23.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

So it looks like that magnifying glass only shows up when things are unlocked, and I guess the spell on the pregen monster was not configured properly. I see how to do it now, if I make all the rolls. Is there a way to allow the players to make the saving throw roll themselves?

For the selling, I know gear and usable items are sold for 10%, but I always understood fluff items, where it just describes a random item then has the value listed after it in parenthesis, to be meant to be sold at full value. For example, the module says they find chips of glass worth 3 credits. Dropping that into party loot, would them sell them for .3 credits. So it seems the option is either change the entry to 30 so it sells for 3, or just give them the raw credits. If there inst a way to tag this type of loot separately I'll just manually handle them differently.

Thanks!

What creature and spell are you looking at?
    I made that mod so if it something odd that needs fixed I will change it.
    The spell parsing system is not 100% of the time going to set every option correctly. (Needs some work to get to 60%)

Players can roll the die themselves but it will remove all the automation in place for you. when you hit the save and the player is targeted.

You can add Fluff or whatever term you want in the Assignment field and those items will not be sold.(Until you remove the assignment text)

Madman..
    Last edited by madman; September 21st, 2020 at 19:21.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

The typhix in the first module and the spell overheat. The will save value is set, but the "on save" option is not set. I'll keep an eye out for other problems.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthesar View Post
    For the selling, I know gear and usable items are sold for 10%, but I always understood fluff items, where it just describes a random item then has the value listed after it in parenthesis, to be meant to be sold at full value. For example, the module says they find chips of glass worth 3 credits. Dropping that into party loot, would them sell them for .3 credits. So it seems the option is either change the entry to 30 so it sells for 3, or just give them the raw credits. If there inst a way to tag this type of loot separately I'll just manually handle them differently.
    Hey I think the answer you are looking for is to sell gear seperatly from these fluff items. Tell your party you need to do it seperatly and then set the number under the arrow to 100% for selling them and back to 10% after that for selling the rest of the gear they don't need anymore. Hope that helps

I am not sure why that one is not working. I will get it fixed.
    You can right click on the Overheat name line and re-parse spell (5 o'clock position)

Thread Information